10+ year member

Swollen Member
727, FL
Equipment:

2 Sundown SA15s

1 Memphis Mojo 2500.1

ho alt, 1/0 wire, blah blah

If you want to see pics, here the box build and install log:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516082-build-log-dgaf-2-sa-15s-vinyl-wrapped-double-kerfed-enclosure-amp-rack.html

Here's my running of wires and getting everything ready log if you're interested:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/510180-lets-start-already.html

So, in protect mode.

Haven't had a chance to take apart and see the guts yet.

Will do that when I get home.

Anyone know who's currently fixing amps?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's still in protect with the speaker wires disconnected, you should check your ground with a DMM. Something about this picture is bugging me.

groundw.jpg

^ I ended up moving that ground. The orange 1/0 goes from ground block to amp, the silver goes ground block to seat belt bolt now. I removed the back seat, so took out the back seat belt bolt, cleaned everything around it real good, then put that ring term in where the seat belt used to be. It's a good ground. I also then ran two other 4 ga wires from the ground block to different grounding points in the back. As well as a 4 ga from ground block to battery negative. The ground in there is solid.

It's a bad amp, I checked everything out. I bought a sundown 3000 to replace this mojo 2500. I will be adding two batteries, probably two kinetik 3800s to the back seat before hooking up the amp. Even after a HO alt, big 3, and all 1/0 wire, I was still getting voltage drop to 11.8. So I will make sure the kinetiks are in there before the sundown gets hooked up.

Here's a pic of what happened inside the amp.

ampu.jpg

I got a quote of $120 to get it fixed. I'll decide if it's worth getting fixed then selling, or selling as it...?

^ AmpMedics, I saw somewhere else he was good with Memphis amps

I called the guys and explained what was up, he said probably $120. I really lucked out cuz he lives like 30 minutes from me, so it's just a matter of dropping it off to him now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.