Something a little different

Powered it up, the subs not working the light on the amp is on. The only wires connected to the sub are coming from the amp, is this right?
RCA between head unit and amp.

The 5.5s are one front left, one front right.

There are extra wires on the back of the head unit for back left and back right, should these be connected to anything?

Also wondering if its possible that the head unit isn't compatible with a sub or needs to be set up
is the amp on? did you remember to connect the remote wire?

is the amp on? did you remember to connect the remote wire?
I think thats it.

I've got loose wires on the HU still

-TEL mute(brown)

-Motor antenna control (blue)

-Remo Cont (light blue) not in the manual

what should each of these go to?

manual says to connect motor antenna control(blue) to "the power terminal for the booster amplifier of the film type antenna"- I have no idea what this means

I think thats it.
I've got loose wires on the HU still

-TEL mute(brown)

-Motor antenna control (blue)

-Remo Cont (light blue) not in the manual

what should each of these go to?

manual says to connect motor antenna control(blue) to "the power terminal for the booster amplifier of the film type antenna"- I have no idea what this means
that is used for an antenna stip on a back window, or the same sort... not applicable in your set up

Lol the Floor is shaking!!

I hooked up the sub wrong, neg to pos on one side. think it could have done any damage?

hooked it up right now, gonna see how long the battery lasts.

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

Lol the Floor is shaking!!I hooked up the sub wrong, neg to pos on one side. think it could have done any damage?

hooked it up right now, gonna see how long the battery lasts.
you could have done some damage if you would have ran it that way for too long... but it sounds like your amp just went into protect... so i dont think any damage was done

Thanks for the help so far. Its been going an hour strong, nothing feels overheated yet.

Now for Box discussion, should i put some type of snorkel/vent on top to let hot air out? maybe kind of a ported box

How do you guys think having the sub and the other speakers in the same sealed box will work out?

also looking for tips on charging the battery from a car. I have the wall charger but I'd love to find a way to charge when theres no outlets around. Would regular jumping work as a charge or would it not work with two 12v batteries?

Thanks for the help so far. Its been going an hour strong, nothing feels overheated yet.
Now for Box discussion, should i put some type of snorkel/vent on top to let hot air out? maybe kind of a ported box... that would kill your water proofing

How do you guys think having the sub and the other speakers in the same sealed box will work out? that would not turn out pretty for your 5.5's, most likely... i would make a seperate chamber in the cooler, to seal off the sub from the rest of the set up

also looking for tips on charging the battery from a car. I have the wall charger but I'd love to find a way to charge when theres no outlets around. Would regular jumping work as a charge or would it not work with two 12v batteries? this could work, but would put a pretty hefty strain on your alt after a while, just fyi
see above^

i think you may have to seal off the 5.5's if you put them in the same enclosure as that sub the pressure from it moving in and out is going to make those little guys move in and out also especially in a sealed up box also the vibrations from the sub may interfere with the head unit playing cd's . so seal off those 5.5s and test that headunit to see if it will play cd's while vibrating all to ****.

It ran for four hours last night before i decided to turn it off.

The only thing that got hot was the head unit. I'm guessing thats normal though, because part that was hot looks like a heat sink of some sort. It wasn't hot enough to burn skin or melt plastic but it was uncomfortably hot.

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

Probably not the right sealant for this job- put a bead on the cooler, around the outside of the holes of course, a bead on the sub also. When that dries gonna put another bead around the outside.

IMG_0549.jpg

I still think a store purchased stereo would sound better but I'm tuned in for the results. I would definitely suggest building some kind of small sealed off space inside for that sub, otherwise it's going to sound like poop. The 6.5's should be ok without them but not a bad idea to give them some kind of confined space as well. A pair of foam baffles will probably give you better low end from them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.