Something a little different

georgeg-oldschool1.jpg
that tv has a little round antenna and i think a bow tie antenna also does it have three antennae maybe? :edit: bro.

put them together and connect to a switch then the hu?
If the 12V constant gets broken you will lose all preset/clock/etc info stored in the deck. If your going to use a switch then connect the 12V constant directly to the battery and the SWITCHED wire through the switch...duh?

If the 12V constant gets broken you will lose all preset/clock/etc info stored in the deck. If your going to use a switch then connect the 12V constant directly to the battery and the SWITCHED wire through the switch...duh?
they battery will go dead sooner or later anyway most likely every time he brings it out so what does it matter? :edit: actually just throw the amp remote switch wire right in there too

use 8 gauge for amp to bat and im guessing 16 is safe to the HU
hmm, i've got two 16 gauge coming out of the amp for both + and - , so im guessing i can just connect both of those to the battery and it'd be essentially the same as 8 gauge. trying to use the limited supplies I have here

two runs of 16 for each?i think that might work wouldnt it have been cheaper to buy a radio that was built for this?
what fun would that be though?

any word on the blue and white wire, says something about power control, anyone know what its for? connect the one on the head unit to the one on the amp right?

hmm, i've got two 16 gauge coming out of the amp for both + and - , so im guessing i can just connect both of those to the battery and it'd be essentially the same as 8 gauge. trying to use the limited supplies I have here
no.. it wont be the same bro.... you will still have a massive amount of resistance going through the 16 gauge... could easily blow an amp if your not careful.... i would go with atleast 12 gauge at a minimum

no.. it wont be the same bro.... you will still have a massive amount of resistance going through the 16 gauge... could easily blow an amp if your not careful.... i would go with atleast 12 gauge at a minimum
The harness coming out of the amp for the power is 16 gauge. kinda confused what difference it makes coming from the battery.

Negatives are all hooked up, just checking over everything and gonna hook the positives up in minute. if that works and the sub doesn't kill the battery then its getting put in the cooler some time tomorrow.

Edit: sub not working

o ok... didnt see the pics of the amp... if your talking about the stock harness that comes with it, you should be fine... but i'm pretty sure the power wire on there is 12 gauge

Powered it up, the subs not working the light on the amp is on. The only wires connected to the sub are coming from the amp, is this right?

RCA between head unit and amp.

The 5.5s are one front left, one front right.

There are extra wires on the back of the head unit for back left and back right, should these be connected to anything?

Also wondering if its possible that the head unit isn't compatible with a sub or needs to be set up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.