Some quick help please!!!

Iknownothing
10+ year member

Ohio
OK I am putting in my first system, I bought 2 12" rockford fosgate He2 subwoofers (800 watt max, 400 RMS) and a kenwood KAC 929 amplifier(rated at 1000 watts). I am confident the the subs are ok but I am not sure the amp will give me the BOOM I am looking for. Not knowing anything about this I need some help. Is that amp going to give me enough juice? Or does it **** complete ass? I will probably buy a new one later but for now that is what I have. what do you all think?

I don't know what sound your after. But that amp should push them half way decent. You will probably want more power later though. Everybody does //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well I listen to a lot of metal, but I do want it to drop real low if possible. I want to feel the bass. Did I make a good choice on the subs?

In my opinion you chose the best SQ sub in rockford's current lineup. What kind of enclosure ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you are forgetting taht he also got a Kenwood amp..

taht amp, rated at 1000 peak watts would be lucky to put pout 500 watts..

your subs will be starving for power for what you want from em...

The box I bought it from R\T techhnologies. It is a sealed box. I had a feeling that amp ****** complete balls. later should I get 2 amps and power each sub seperate or just buy a more powerful one? what would be a good amp to do that? I want to meet the RMS of 400 watts for each one. or possibly exceed it a bit.

look into getting a new rockford amp. they will sound the best with the subs. and rockford will put out what it claims. actually they put out more so. but if you want really deep bass go with a "power" rockford. and if you want good bass go with the "punch" series. but for now you should have enough power to make em move.

That is good. I will look into those. Well I am glad that it will make them move. My only other question is what way would you recommend to hook them up. I have read about many different ways. Bridge, parralell, series, what is best. Remember I have no clue what I am doing. I am having it installed monday. so I am sure they will do what is best but I just need some thoughts from you guys.

the 929 is a ***** amp, i agree.... 1000watts peak for only like 240... it's bull.... save yoru money and buy something like a rockford punch 700S or get a 400S and bridge em on one channel... or if you feel like spending some money, get one of the bd series amps and see what those subs can REALLY do.

I do plan on getting something better in the near future. but do you think that the amp will be good enough for a couple months while I save up the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.