Lifting and Lowering

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heresy
10+ year member

Going Against the Grain
Arizona
This is one of those many questions that has nothing to do with audio. I want to put some nice rims on my ride('96 Crown Vic) and have the ability to have the car lower itself as far as allowable. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to have hydraulics because I don't really have any desire to jump or bounce my car. Basically, I just want to be able to lower my car when I want to show it off and then drive it around at it's normal height.

I am looking at Air Bags and Air Springs as possible options. I want a system that uses compressed air or gas. They tend to be easier than hydraulics to maintain and provide a smoother ride. Anyway, my core desire is just to be able to lower it when I want to. It doesn't have to be super fast or responsive, just reliable.

My budget is flexible and I know this will cost anywhere between $750-4000. So, any suggestions on what would work?

Right now, look on the back of the Mini-Truckin Magazine at your local Mag store and you will see an add for Master Image Customs. They have great deals on all types of bagging systems, including fast bag. One quick tip, always get the ceramic tank upgrade...its well worth it in the long run, believe me!!!

Godfather Customs, Stylin Cocepts, JCW Sport Truck, Summit Truck Style, and Autobahn Wholesale Inc. are all very good at hooking you up with the right stuff. You should be able to get 4 bags, a compressor and a tank for just over $1000. I've never dropped a car on air before (just with springs, etc) but I guess its the same as a truck...except for the c-notch:) Definetly get the ceramic coated tank and I've seen nitrogen instead of air being used in many of these applications.

Can you explain what a C-notch does exactly? I probably don't need to make one but I want to know what it does exactly. I can't seem to find any websites that give a clear description of its purpose.

A c-notch just brings your truck down in the rear a bit more...good if you want to lay your frame on the ground and you can get them for about $800 - only seen them on trucks.

Originally posted by ss3079 So you dont have it c-notched?
Yeah I do, but there a pain in the ass to install...it's the only way to lay frame...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.