Some help on a basic mono amp install.

Participant count
  • Participant list

schwol

CarAudio.com Newbie
Adding a SoundQubed S1-1250 to my stock-everything 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited. I'd love to not have to open the dash, as it's apparently a pain in the ass, and I seem to have just about everything else I need at the factory amp in the rear of the vehicle.

-Am I correct to be tapping into the front speakers for the Lc2i inputs? Better than using the subwoofer wires? Would I just disconnect the harness coming from the amp to leave that sub dead?
-Does the spare tire well usually serve as a good grounding spot, assuming I'm not hitting the fuel tank or something else? Will a self-drilling screw suffice if I can't access putting a washer and nut?
-I won't use the GTO function of the Lc2i, but does the 'remote out' from the Lc2i work well enough to serve as the amp's remote?
-I was going to use a fuse tap for my remote line, but I have a 12v outlet in the rear. Is that likely a better option, assuming it's not constant?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719-193927_Chrome (1) (3).jpg
    Screenshot_20200719-193927_Chrome (1) (3).jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 135
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.