Some advice please

Punkinuts

I have a 2012 f150. I'm adding a small system to bring in some bass and clarity. Am I better off using the factory hu and risking the signal issues that come with that and possibly having to buy a processing unit? I'm not real comfortable having that much control. Or am I better off replacing the factory hu, virtually eliminating those signal issues, and using passive crossovers?

If your not comfortable with getting a processor then I would just get a HU an replace the factory one.
I agree, after I got an Alpine PXA-H800 DSP and the thing will not even pass the signals from it's inputs to it's outputs without a S HITton of configuration! VERY user UNfriendly!

John Kuthe...

I agree, after I got an Alpine PXA-H800 DSP and the thing will not even pass the signals from it's inputs to it's outputs without a S HITton of configuration! VERY user UNfriendly!
John Kuthe...
Smh it only seem like that cause you didn't have a single clue as to what you were doing(hence why you paid someone to set it up for you), you the only one to have issues with that dsp.

Smh it only seem like that cause you didn't have a single clue as to what you were doing(hence why you paid someone to set it up for you), you the only one to have issues with that dsp.
I am not the "only one", I'm just the only one whinging about it!

John Kuthe...

just the only one to expect it to work out of the box without reading any documentation. its like that on purpose so you don't send full range signals to delicate speakers.

I have a 2012 f150. I'm adding a small system to bring in some bass and clarity. Am I better off using the factory hu and risking the signal issues that come with that and possibly having to buy a processing unit? I'm not real comfortable having that much control. Or am I better off replacing the factory hu, virtually eliminating those signal issues, and using passive crossovers?
What signal issues are you worried about? I personally would have rather left my stock hu in their but my left channel went out on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.