Some advice needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

PindarsLight
10+ year member

Hey all, I haven't been here a long time. However I'm in a bit of a knot here.

I been running around getting quoteson parts and installation by pros and so forth, and I'm just not happy with a 1700 dollar get up. So I'm gonna get it done myself with the help of some friends who know how to install this equipment.

I'm pretty low maintenance guy so alot of the crazy math equations and super duper sound systems some of you folk are run'in around here have just don't appeal to me.

I'm hard pressed to find a set of 6x9s for my 05 stratus:confused: and an amp to match a set of 10' RF Punch stage2 dvc at 4 ohms 50-250 rms:eek:. I picked a ported box from crutchfield for these unless some here has a better idea. On the 6x9s I would like to keep it Rockford on all the gear if at all possible.

Thanks all

Shootin and Scootin

PL

Lose the 6x9's get some components up front. I wouldnt go with rockford IMO but its up to you. Youd be happier paying someone to build your box or just doing it yourself its not too hard.

Lose the 6x9's get some components up front. I wouldnt go with rockford IMO but its up to you. Youd be happier paying someone to build your box or just doing it yourself its not too hard.
Thanks for the reply,I don't know to much about componets so I will to some research into that and further explore my options

You would be much better served by investing in better door speakers than going with 6x9s in the back and factory door speakers.

I'll pose this question to you. When you go to a concert, do you listen to it with your back turned to the stage? If your answer to that question is no, you need to re-think why you want your mids and highs to be coming from behind your head!

You would be much better served by investing in better door speakers than going with 6x9s in the back and factory door speakers.
I'll pose this question to you. When you go to a concert, do you listen to it with your back turned to the stage? If your answer to that question is no, you need to re-think why you want your mids and highs to be coming from behind your head!
My car in general excepts 5.25 size in the front and 6x9s and in back not to mention I can install 3x5s in the dash in the factory slots. I'm not going crazy with componet this and fiberglass that. I just would like recommendations on regular 2 way speakers for quality. I want 10in at 500 watts and a amp to match.

Simple yet satisfing.

Thanks for the links I will take this into consideration...My question for you toone is:Wouldn't I need a bigger amp to run 2 subs in some random ported box?Also It gives options on the Fi SSD that I don't really understand. Could you clearify on your recommendation.Again thank you for your helpful advice. Main reason I picked Rockford is it's a brand I heard and I know folk who run and trust it. JL and Kicker were other choices. The brands you mention I don't know about, then again I really don't know jack diddly thats why I'm here//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Another question I was thinking of is would I need a seperate amp for 6x9s and 51/4 speakers that run 120 or 150 watts?

Shootin and Scootin PL

OK, I think I'm finalized on my selection. Need opinions on this setup and anything my newb butt could be missing.

Head Unit- Kenwood KDC-X492

Front Door Speakers AuidoBahn AS50Q

Rear Speakers AudioBahn AS96V 6x9

2 10" FI Subs in a ported cutom box made by someone on this forum port tuned to FI specs

Amp- either the AudioBahn A6005dn or the A8001Dt or do I need higher FI Site says the sub runs 800 rms and I have read that you shoud atleast apply 75% juice for a safe run si this true?

Anything else you guys could offer in your experiences? I have an 05 Dodge Stratus Sxt Sedan if that helps

if you can afford it, always get more power than you will need. head room is king. if your looking for budget friendly amps that are good bang for the buck look into hifonics or the lower lines of us amps or look around in the classifieds.

if you can afford it, always get more power than you will need. head room is king. if your looking for budget friendly amps that are good bang for the buck look into hifonics or the lower lines of us amps or look around in the classifieds.
With that being said would it be better with the setup chosen to get a 2-4 channel amp or just a mono at what 1000 rms?

I also have the Kenwood KDC-X492 and love it! I'm so addicted to using the USB input for my flash drive that I've never even played a disc in it! Well, I did put one in when I first installed the deck just to be sure it worked. But only use the USB an radio once in awhile. Although I did put 6x9's in the rear deck, only because that's what was already there so it was an easy switch, I do plan to eventually get some components (a.k.a. "seperates") for the rear. Anytime you run a seperate woofer and tweeter or midrange or midbass you'll get much better sound that full-range speakers. But like you, I don't have an unlimited budget. I've already spent almost $2000 on my system, yet I'm still thinking about how to improve it in the future. For now, I just want to get the install done and give it a listen and give myself a pat on the back. Then slowly replace different items as money allows.

Good luck on your Stratus system! I'm sure you'll be happy with it, regardless of your choice of equipment because as you already know, the interior seems to help make just about any stereo sound good in these cars. Heck, the cheap panasonic and factory speakers was pretty impressive when I bought this car back in December. I can't even imagine how nice it will sound when it's all done.

Keep us up to date.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.