45* port idea(great idea)

ascitiesburn69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok guys i was thinking about my upcoming summer build and everyone is saying about 45'n the ports blah blah blah. I was thinking instead of cutting the wood at the right angle etc. Why not load glue silicone titebond etc in the angle you want to 45 and grab a 3-4" diameter piece of PVC(or your hand if your that talented) to use to form the silicone or w/e into a semicircular shape along the seam of the port and allow it to dry/harden up. Idk seems like a good idea for people who cant cut 45's....(me..)

Anyone like to chime in and tell me why this would or would not work? I'd like some advice lol

just take a sheet of aluminum and fasten it to the sides where you want to make the curve. The aluminum will make a natural 3/4 diameter curve then you just need to fill in the gap behind to strengthen it up.

Well if he does, then he should have no problems cutting them.
Honestly does it make a difference.....if it did, would be very mild.
until i see proof it makes a beneficial difference I see not point in adding them.. unless done the correct way not the 45 in the corner i think they don't help may even hurt.. either way probably too minimum to detect

Or you can get a PVC with the diameter of your port, cut it so that it fits in the curve, use a router to create an indent and glue it in.
exactly.

I can't believe the stupid ideas some people come up with on here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Glue wouldn't work very well. It would crumble when you took the PVC pipe off. Try using resin instead. You'd have to use quite a bit, though. For the expense, I wouldn't bother.

how much does a 45 in the corner help? To me it looks like leaving the corner open to let an eddy form would help lower air resistance, like a golf ball or when you port a head and open the corners as much as you can. O well that's why I just like round ports or a straight square port

yea sadly i dont have a table same with an adjustable angle....(old **** thing) i think i need to get one lol prob help out a bit but then again for the little bit of output why bother? It just kind of hit me that that might work but yea would take a lot of whatever you are using.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.