Solutions to Stop Side Window Flex

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
12966380_1122804024428807_575962248_n.jpg

so my van has rear side windows that just have a basic close and lock mechanism and the pressure is causing them to flop like mad and i'm losing a lot of pressure

I saw someone in a video using suction cups but i can find that video again. Anyone know how to use suction cups to brace the windows to keep it from flopping around or have a link to that particular vid?

currently just have butt loads of foam tape to decouple and fill it in but nothing to stop the actual windows being pushed and pulled by the pressure.

that's a great solution, in one direction

not sure there if there even is a reasonable solution for the other direction anyway lol

If u don't want it to open get a tube of windshield adhesive and put it all on the seal and close the window and let it dry for acouple days
the window does not really make contact with anywhere on the vehicle, just some flimsy weatherstripping so glueing it wont really work.

Remove weather stripping, bolt on a wood or steel frame to the car and then use the window adhesive on that. Itll be like its a solid rear window like the one on my truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.