so, usb is louder than aux??.......

The Pioneer 4000ub, 5000ub, 6000ub and the respective Premier versions can all do that. You would just need a USB extension cord because the input is on the back of the unit IIRC
damm..... a cord doesn't come with it? it seems like with the kenwoods the cords come attached in the back already.

Im sure a cord comes with it. My pioneer did and the lastone I bought with usb did also. You need a cord for Ipods to hook up on the pioneer but the premier line comes with them.

damm..... a cord doesn't come with it? it seems like with the kenwoods the cords come attached in the back already.
Oh, IDK, I don't have one. I guess if you want the unit, pick it up and see how long whatever cord comes with it is. If you can get it to the glove box without problems, then no need for an extension.. I just assumed it was a simple USB input on the back of the unit.

Ok I checked it out on crutchfield if you look up the deck there it gives you a list of whats in the box and it comes with a ( 59" USB extension cable (has male Type A USB on one end and female Type A USB on the other end).

I don't mean to thread jack, but how exactly does a head unit with a USB-in work? Say I have an external hard drive with just music on it. Can I plug it in and go through the files like I would an ipod? Can I put them on shuffle?

I don't mean to thread jack, but how exactly does a head unit with a USB-in work? Say I have an external hard drive with just music on it. Can I plug it in and go through the files like I would an ipod? Can I put them on shuffle?
There are a lot of people using hard drives, do a search there has been a lot of talk about it.

Yeah, I was talking about the pioneer. As far as the hard drive, I believe it has to be fat32, I could be wrong.

I use a 8gb flash drive and my wifes ipod. All you do is pretty much plug it in and go. You go through the folders exactly like they are on the hdd and the ipod is completely controlled through the deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.