so, usb is louder than aux??.......

adio
5,000+ posts

THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!
i read some posts on here and found this out. when i used to hook up my iaudio U3 to the aux in the rental car, i had to crank up the the HU annd then turn up the volume on the mp3 player. i guess i wouldn't have to do this with a usb and a flash drive to have the same volume as a CD, huh?

ya it should be, and what better about usb, if you care, is that it is able to sent info to the HU like the band name and all that good stuff. and im not sure if all HU do, but im sure some will charge your mp3 while playing music through a usb

hmmmm...... ok:)

well what badass HU would u and others recommend?? i guess something with 4 or 5v preouts would be nice, but not necessary. right now, i have pioneer DEH-6700

honestly im pretty new to car audio myself, so my first system im doin right now isnt badass or anything, its just everything i need and my HU i choose cause it had like all the features. i got a kenwood kdc-mp438u and it has aux and usb in the front. sat. radio ready, sirus or xm, blue tooth ready. pretty much got it cause it had everything i might need in the future. i would suggest going on the internet to find one, cause i got ripped off at my local stereo shop, charged me $180 for the HU and went online after i bought it to find one for like $120. so i learned my lesson there. but overall i think it is a pretty good HU unless you are competition status or sumthin.

what are you wanting out of the deck? sub, ipod, active crossovers, how much eq do you need? will you be using a flash drive or some other mp3 player?

what are you wanting out of the deck? sub, ipod, active crossovers, how much eq do you need? will you be using a flash drive or some other mp3 player?
i just want functionality. i'llhave a sub hooked up and an amp for the front speakers. not going active. i need EQ, cause idk what i'm doing, but if i play with the eq enough, i'll get a sound that i like. more than likely, i'll be using a flash drive........ don't have enough music for a HD. asked for HI volt preouts, so i can get louder without touching the gains on the amps.

pioneer DEH-P600UB sounds like what you would like. I have a pioneer dvd and I have had a kenwood and Jvc and the pioneer kills them in starting up. With the pioneer I start the car and before I move the car music is playing with the other ones I would be half way around the block before music would start.

The Pioneer 4000ub, 5000ub, 6000ub and the respective Premier versions can all do that. You would just need a USB extension cord because the input is on the back of the unit IIRC

pioneer DEH-P600UB sounds like what you would like. I have a pioneer dvd and I have had a kenwood and Jvc and the pioneer kills them in starting up. With the pioneer I start the car and before I move the car music is playing with the other ones I would be half way around the block before music would start.
so what makes them read faster or what ever?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.