So the wiring harness I bought for my HU does not fit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gauntlet
5,000+ posts

bulletproof
I have a 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL, and I am trying to install a Pioneer DEHP8400MP. I bought a GM02 wiring harness (http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/SCOGM02B).

So my CD player finally comes in the mail, and I soldered and taped all the wires together. Go in my car, get the dash off (a fun little 90 minute project), take out the stock cassette player, and I find that the wiring harness does not fit whatsoever. The one I bought for my car has one plastic connector with all 13 pins/wires coming out of it, my stock wires are divided up amongst four small plastic connectors. The only way I could possibly hook it up right now would be to rip off all the connectors, rip off the wiring harness I just connected, and manually connect each wire from the HU to the stock wires. Needless to say, I do NOT want to do this.

When I called sounddomain, they informed that it was my fault I ordered the wrong product, as I should have ordered a reverse wiring harness instead, and since its past the 30 days I cant get a refund. I have never heard of a reverse wiring harness in my life, what the hell does that mean?

I also went to Best Buy to see if they had the correct harness, and they of course only had the one that I had in my hands. What the hell I am supposed to do?

Thanks

Sound Domain doesnt have one that fits, neither does Best Buy or Circuit City. They all have wiring harnesses with one or two plastic connectors, I need one that has 4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.