SO Much Help

CL1CKCLACK
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Boss
So. Just turned 16. Been into car stereo my entire life. My dad used to compete in competitions all the time and owned his own store. But now he is living 3000 miles away and is unable to help me with this. Ive managed to install my Alpine CDA-105. and two 6.5 inch rockford fosgate door speakers. ive got a 1998 dodge dakota sport 2 door. and need help and advice on where to go next. i want to somehow put 2 10 inch subs into it. dont want extra batterys or to have to upgrade my alternator. im a pretty big kid. 6 foot. 250. so i cant sacrafice leg room. was thinking about doing a middle console box with 2 10s or a blow thru with 2 12s. nothing is set in stone though. right now ive got about 300 to spend but more on the way. just need helping hands on where to go next. thanks

without extra batts or alt- youll be good w a 1000w amp and cheap 10s
Fixed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

EDIT: These new smileys are just too damn gay for me...I'm just not gonna use them anymore.

Fixed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Even then you wont make power

its an uphill fail

More pics of girl in OP's avatar though

You said two door, but is it an extended cab or a regular cab? Regular cab will limit what you can get behind the seat in regards to subs. If you only have around $300 to spend, you are looking at two cheap subs and a cheap amp. You really need to figure out what you want in regards to bass. I gotta think you are gonna want to put an amp on the door speakers as well. Perhaps you should decide how much bass you want, then decide how much you can fit in the truck in the first place. Go from there.........

The truck is a 2 door. ive got an amp to run the door speakers. just gotta install it. how do you tell what kind of alt you got? ive also got a set of 12 in rf he2s that i got before the truck. i wanted to use those but dont know how to fit them. i was thinking about maybe removing the middle seat from the truck and building a console box. and as far as those mentioning i should get cheap equipment. i would rather get it all one piece at a time and get nice equipment. not top of the line by any means but above average...

You are gonna get alot of shyt talking here, so just ignore about 50% of he posts.

If you are willing o get rid of the middle seat you can def fit the 2 12" he2's. You can fire the subs up and point the port toward the drivers side along the back of he cab. This should net you the highest DB's. I would do ported for sure with the HE2's. If you found a 1000 watt rms amp you will be set. You can also add another battery in the back near the sub amp. This will help you from dimming and burning up your alt really fast. HE2's are gonna be decent and I think you will be happy. Esp since this thing is a single cab truck. Are you gonna build the box yourself? If you are having one done is it gonna be fiberglassed and done up. Keep in mind having subs in plain view will def make your truck a target for missing equipment. Look into an alarm too.

12 max, that might not be enough for the subs to face up but you can maybe do the subs at sy a 45deg and do one facing the driver the other facing the pass. do the port as I said before. that will get you the room to fit the 12"s that you already have. If you were to fiberglass the top of the box and round it out it would look pretty sweet. Do a search for center console installs and you might see something you like.

BTW I wouldnt put a pic of my girl on the net, too many people to talk **** and disrespect your girl. Once yall are split then you put them up so people can tell you about how much of a dumba$$ you are for fing it up and loosing a hot chick. lol. 6' 250? you play ball?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.