so many amps, so little money

If i am not mistaking, the i30 comes with a stock bose system. If thats the case your gonna have to change the speakers, because i've heard dont think the bose speakers are compatible with an aftermarket headunit. However i believe scosch has a converter that allows you too hook up an aftermarket head unit to the stock bose speakers, i think it costs around $80, a friend of mine was telling me, but i dont know how true that was. Anyway, i had a bose system in my maxima, and let me tell you, the bose system *****, the head unit burnt out and stopped workig. Bose wanted $400 for a new head unit. I said **** that, and i put in my stereo system. If your gonna add an amp and a new head unit, your gonna hafta replace the whole system, because bose speakers wont run off an aftermarket amp. In order to amp your speakers your going to need the following: cahnge all the speakers, change the head unit, get an antannae diversity adaptor, get the amp you wanna put in, the appropriate amp kit, and whatever ese you want to put in the car. Your gonna need a wire harness, but the thing is there's two types for a bose system. If you don't plan on eventually selling the car, or your gonna sell the car with your aftermarket radio in it, you can use a regular wire harness made for your car. If you want to put in the original bose system into the car when you sell it, your gonna need the special adaptor i was talking about from schosch. In my opinion, if you just put the adaptor in with the stock speakers, its gonna sond like ****, because the bose speakers are paper, and all bose is made by clarion. If i were you, i would change the whole **** thing, in the end it will be worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.