So is it cool now

if pa sounds so bad why do we not use car audio speakers in houses and concerts? o wait
Pa speakers are used at concerts for their efficiency. They need to be able to fill a large area with a great deal of sound.

It would take an whole lot of inefficient car speakers to do what one pa cabinet could do. I mean the average car speaker is what...about 89db@ 1w/1m..where as the average pa cab is....101-108db@ 1w/1m?

Now for home audio, I have yet to see good, quality company's use pa drivers.....

Infinity...no, McIntosh....no, Polk....no, Mirage....no...

Well you have Klipsch....very efficient but do not sound all that great. (*some* newer stuff is *ok*)

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

And all SQ cars are quiet.....since we're now stereotyping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
well compared to spl cars...they are:crazy:

300watts on some 6.5" coax's isn't exactly high power to me. I have around 8-9kw for mids/highs.
With 1200w total for mids/highs they are completely able to keep up with a 155+music van. I don't see why on earth you would need 8000w on mids/highs. That's just asking to go deaf.

With 1200w total for mids/highs they are completely able to keep up with a 155+music van. I don't see why on earth you would need 8000w on mids/highs. That's just asking to go deaf.
Why do we need a 150+ DB of bass...... Bass is such a tiny percentage of the frequency in music.

if pa sounds so bad why do we not use car audio speakers in houses and concerts? o wait
Find a high quality in home system and you will not see any PA.

And all SQ cars are quiet.....since we're now stereotyping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I didnt throw out a stereotype. I threw out a fact. You threw out a stereotype.

Why do we need a 150+ DB of bass...... Bass is such a tiny percentage of the frequency in music.
Some of us like it loud...I can honestly say 147-148 on music isn't really that much for me. I love the lows and being to feel it is a big part of it. Also, saying bass is a tiny percentage of the frequency range in music isn't exactly fair, since sound is logarithmic. The difference between 10kHz and 20kHz is 1 octave, and the difference between 30hz and 60hz is 1 octave as well, but that's a 10kHz difference vs. 30hz difference.

Is it cool to have stupid, retardedly, distorted PA doors now? Has our beloved hobby turned into who can make the most noise no matter what it sounds like?
Discuss.
To answer this, No, it's not cool to have distorted mids/highs whether it's car audio or pro audio speakers.

Some of us like it loud...I can honestly say 147-148 on music isn't really that much for me. I love the lows and being to feel it is a big part of it. Also, saying bass is a tiny percentage of the frequency range in music isn't exactly fair, since sound is logarithmic. The difference between 10kHz and 20kHz is 1 octave, and the difference between 30hz and 60hz is 1 octave as well, but that's a 10kHz difference vs. 30hz difference.
I like my lows too but I preffer my mids and highs to over power my substage and I use big PA speakers to do that. And very good point about the frequency range. Never thought about it like that.

I don't think most of the people in this thread

A. Know of mlstrass which is why people aren't listening to him.

B. Have heard more than their buddy down the blocks system with PA or maybe never heard any at all minus some hood rat driving by

C. even experimented with them

they are HUGE in Florida.. that being said they have been around for quite some time now and LOTS of people have figured them out and making them sound great and getting louder than car audio speakers could imagine.. I used to be in the same boat of oh they sound awful and couldn't EVER sound good.. Until I started hearing some people who have BEEN doing it for a while..

Find a high quality in home system and you will not see any PA.

I didnt throw out a stereotype. I threw out a fact. You threw out a stereotype.
No you offered up YOUR opinion, which you're entitled to, but that does not make it a fact.

I need 8kw because I have 72 mids/tweeters in there and prefer to have "too much" in the way of power and speakers so I don't have to push stuff to the point of distortion...

I need 8kw because I have 72 mids/tweeters in there and prefer to have "too much" in the way of power and speakers so I don't have to push stuff to the point of distortion...
I like the idea of having head room on all your speakers so they last, but WOW 72 mids/highs....I'm sure you get some jaws to drop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date