Focal IS 165 vs. Focal PS 165 - Is there a signficative difference?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mig_akira

Brazil
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to decide wether I should buy a Focal IS 165 or PS 165 to replace my stock Fiat 500 audio. The IS is cheaper, but I would like to know if I should spend the extra buck to get the PS 165.

Also, would they work with a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 amp (I'm choosing this one because of it's small size, which is important on the Fiat 500).

I mostly listen to Rock 'n' Roll, but a little bit of classical music and podcasts as well. I'd rather have a quality sound than a loud sound.

Thanks!

either will be fine with the amp. the PS is a nice step up from the IS. but whether or not you hear a difference will depend on the install. good seals are vital to getting the extra midbass out of the PS series.

either will be fine with the amp. the PS is a nice step up from the IS. but whether or not you hear a difference will depend on the install. good seals are vital to getting the extra midbass out of the PS series.
I have the IS 165s and I was wondering how I would go about getting a better seal. I can really see this improving my music.

Seals are made with weatherstripping foam. Between baffle and door metal. Between speaker and baffle. And between speaker and door panel.
So I can just get this from a hardware store? Anything in particular to look for or stay away from?

Yea. Thickness and density should match the application. Sometimes you want it softer so it squishes more. Sometimes you want it harder. At $3 a roll just get several.
Alright. So would just a seal between the door panel and speaker help? I'm not quite sure what the other places you are talking about are.

i made this for a visual aid

DoorSeals.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.