So is it cool now

My car is very very close to a 50 and my Boston mids n highs have no problem keeping up...my setup is plenty loud and clear.......no PAs here....

Is it cool to have stupid, retardedly, distorted PA doors now? Has our beloved hobby turned into who can make the most noise no matter what it sounds like?
Discuss.
Um.. welcome to audio. I'm pretty sure our beloved hobby has always been like this. You're just too new to know that.

I have Neo Pro 6.5s and Selenium ST350s in my doors. They're not distorted at all.. just because they're pro audio doesn't mean they lack what it takes to sound decent. I'm not claiming SQ by any means but they're far from sounding bad.

Um.. welcome to audio. I'm pretty sure our beloved hobby has always been like this. You're just too new to know that.
Not new at all. Just never really paid attention to stuff I didnt care to hear. Where I'm from the people that have stuff like that are not going to any of the events I would go to. If they did go they would show up one time and not come back.

I have Neo Pro 6.5s and Selenium ST350s in my doors. They're not distorted at all.. just because they're pro audio doesn't mean they lack what it takes to sound decent. I'm not claiming SQ by any means but they're far from sounding bad.
I'm talking audiopipe

My car is very very close to a 50 and my Boston mids n highs have no problem keeping up...my setup is plenty loud and clear.......no PAs here....
I'm in the mid to high 150's on music(not peak hold) and I have no PA speakers what so ever in my truck and it sounds very clear and plenty loud to keep up with the wall. With that said, I do have 5 sets of components lol.

I have turned down several local builds that wanted to use various pa speakers and/or horns. I simply refuse to attach my name to such a build.
Well aren't you special //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Perhaps you should try it, so you'd know first hand how it sounds, what works, and what doesn't....

I'll take a vid of it running once they finally replace the batts. ATM it's dead in the water with a blown motor. Haven't charged the batts in months and now they won't hold a charge. Keep up, haha they nearly over power. Like I said though, they are seeing 300w each. My 1 pair of coax is keeping up with my 2 15s on 8k. I'm throwing another set in to replace the 4x6 in the back because they aren't giving me any of the rear fill.
300watts on some 6.5" coax's isn't exactly high power to me. I have around 8-9kw for mids/highs.

If it's a demo machine, I would want it to sound as good as possible. 30s demos may not need it, but in my world; I only build it if I would listen to it all day long without complaint. That means loud and clear.
I listen to mine all day long to/from shows, just not a full volume. Sounds very good on all types of music. And honestly if you didn't know it was PA stuff you wouldn't be able to tell the diff.

If it sounded like *** it would NOT be in my car. Pretty much why I got rid of the Boston Pro60's in the wife's ride, just couldn't stand the tweeters and mids had no midbass. Running PA mids and AQ supertweeters now and it sounds WAY better.

I have yet to hear any ride with pa gear that sounds good to me. Now I am not saying there is not one out there that will not sound good but I have not yet heard one.

Like that one guy that posted the vid of the "loudest camaro in the world" I actually got to hear that thing.....I wanted to kill my self and that car.

In all honesty, pa drivers are not meant for SQ, they are meant to be efficient and loud. But I could see where, if integrated properly, they could sound good in the right applications.

Now.....if the people around here could just figure this out....

8-9kW on mids/highs???? Either you have some REALLY inefficient drivers, or you have some REALLY bad tinittus.
What???? Can't hear you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif And yes it's not good for my ears, but I only play it loud at shows and even then only a few songs at at time before giving my ears a break.

Most are 98dB sensitivity, some are 108, so no not all that inefficient...

I have yet to hear any ride with pa gear that sounds good to me. Now I am not saying there is not one out there that will not sound good but I have not yet heard one.
Like that one guy that posted the vid of the "loudest camaro in the world" I actually got to hear that thing.....I wanted to kill my self and that car.

In all honesty, pa drivers are not meant for SQ, they are meant to be efficient and loud. But I could see where, if integrated properly, they could sound good in the right applications.

Now.....if the people around here could just figure this out....
Not sure why people keep throwing out SQ as I don't recall anyone saying these were SQ builds. Although didn't Richard Clark use PA mids in the GN?

People at concerts or small indoor venues never seem to complain about the sound and those are PA speakers.

Have to LOL about wanting to kill yourself as I've heard SOOOOO many set ups like that, from stock speakers, coax's, comps, and PA stuff. All about the install/tuning as you know...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date