So I'm driving and I hit a pot hole...

sfniner415
10+ year member

Ok so, I'm driving and I hit a pot hole on the street. After I hit the pot hole in the street, my head unit cuts out for a couple seconds and then turns back on.

When it turns back on I've noticed my music (mids and sub) sounds ALOT lower then it usually sounds. Also, everytime I run over a little bump in the road now, my music cuts out for a second then comes back on. I've also noticed I'm starting to get engine whine through my speakers every now and then now. I checked all my wiring and it seems fine...

I'm thinking maybe the impact when I hit the pothole damaged my head unit? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks !

pot holes = -6db's =\

add some neon lights it should make up for that

seriously tho your ground probaly came lose if you're now getting whine and it comes on and off

edit: when you say headunit cuts off, does the headunit shut off or does the headunit stay on and the speakers stop playing?

main thing i would check like i said before, ground, connections at battery, remote wire.. inline fuse holders ect...

Ok so, I'm driving and I hit a pot hole on the street. After I hit the pot hole in the street, my head unit cuts out for a couple seconds and then turns back on.
When it turns back on I've noticed my music (mids and sub) sounds ALOT lower then it usually sounds. Also, everytime I run over a little bump in the road now, my music cuts out for a second then comes back on. I've also noticed I'm starting to get engine whine through my speakers every now and then now. I checked all my wiring and it seems fine...

I'm thinking maybe the impact when I hit the pothole damaged my head unit? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks !

Check the grounds, and pull out your unit, make sure all the wires are connected well, also make sure that the terminals on your battery are on tight.

Thanks !
May have knocked a ground loose or something. Check for that. You live in Frisco so it should be still warm enough to look it over.

Appreciate the help guys, Thanks.

I'm going to check the ground wire when I get back home. I also forgot to mention, my door speakers on my passenger side are alot louder than the driver side speakers....My drive side speakers also fade in and out occasionally, weird huh? What drives me nuts is that before I hit that hole, my sound system sounded great....Ugh

I don't want to have to replace my headunit but I think thats where my problem lies but then again, im no expert //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

pot holes = -6db's =\
edit: when you say headunit cuts off, does the headunit shut off or does the headunit stay on and the speakers stop playing?
Yeah everytime I hit a decent size dip in the road (the streets are HORRIBLE in San Francisco) everything shuts off...Head Unit turns off, mids, sub etc. for a second then cuts back in....It only shuts off when I hit a hole in the road

Thanks !

i fold...im in vegas....its comfortably warm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
sometimes, i was over in Vegas in September, fvcking hotttt it was over 100 fvck that, that aint comfortable.

take a picture of the pot hole, send it into the town and tell 'em, it ****ed up your ****. if you're lucky they might cough up some money.

my mom and brother both got **** on their cars fixed this way, but it was actually a part of the car, not like aftermarket stuff. think my brother broke a tie rod end and something similar in my moms car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.