So I just ordered 4 of these...

Well for the first one, im gonna try .6cu tuned at 47hz with 1 4" aero. I'll see how that goes. Gonna be hard to get a ton of power since its svc 4ohm. To start, im hoping for 141 on 500w

Well for the first one, im gonna try .6cu tuned at 47hz with 1 4" aero. I'll see how that goes. Gonna be hard to get a ton of power since its svc 4ohm. To start, im hoping for 141 on 500w
That thing will be rising to 12-16ohms lol

Do you always want to tune a burp box near fs or is it more dependent on the vehicle's resonance?

Im not expecting the rise to be too bad because its a weak motor.

For me, tuning is dependant on cabin resonance. I usually peak at 49-51hz. I like to tune a few hz below that. A driver will play what you force it to play. The loudest subs ive tested in my truck had an FS of 31

Im not expecting the rise to be too bad because its a weak motor. For me, tuning is dependant on cabin resonance. I usually peak at 49-51hz. I like to tune a few hz below that. A driver will play what you force it to play. The loudest subs ive tested in my truck had an FS of 31
So weaker motors don't rise as much? What makes you say its a weak motor? Bl? Bl^2/re? Bl^2/re / mms is actually pretty decent, like .67 or so, which I interpreted to be a good amount of motor force on a very light moving mass. Am I misunderstanding something here?

The reason neo rises so much is motor force.

Bl^2/re is a good indication of motor force. I consider that figure divided by mms to be the spl factor .67 isnt a high spl ratio, at least not compared to alot of the spl subs ive tested. My cabin likes that factor to be right around 1. Ive tested some neos that were around 1.5, but with diminishing returns. Those are the kinds of drivers that you wire to 0.35 and they still rise to 4ohms. Im guessing these blaupunkts will rise to 8ohm from 4ohm.

A higher spl factor doesnt guarentee higher score tho. .67 is more than adequate to do a solid score

The reason neo rises so much is motor force. Bl^2/re is a good indication of motor force. I consider that figure divided by mms to be the spl factor .67 isnt a high spl ratio, at least not compared to alot of the spl subs ive tested. My cabin likes that factor to be right around 1. Ive tested some neos that were around 1.5, but with diminishing returns. Those are the kinds of drivers that you wire to 0.35 and they still rise to 4ohms. Im guessing these blaupunkts will rise to 8ohm from 4ohm.

A higher spl factor doesnt guarentee higher score tho. .67 is more than adequate to do a solid score
Cool thanks for explaining that. Based on what I remember what Jacob from Sundown said, a figure of .5 or higher indicates a good spl factor.

Anything ferrite above .5 is pretty good. Neo will almost always be at or around 1 or higher. The 15s im using now are ferrite with a neo cap on the pole, factor is about .9 and they are extremely loud in my application

Anything ferrite above .5 is pretty good. Neo will almost always be at or around 1 or higher. The 15s im using now are ferrite with a neo cap on the pole, factor is about .9 and they are extremely loud in my application
Wow, I dont think I've seen anything higher than about .8 or so, but I'm mostly looking at smaller stuff like under 1krms because I don't have a massive setup.

When you are doing a low cone area spl build, say 2 10s or 1 12, what would be some important factors to consider when selecting a driver?

I tested some custom wardens that were like 1.3, some jvf cylinder neos were almost 1.5 iirc.

It differs on cabin. I generally want a mid q driver, with an spl factor above .7, and an FS in low to mid 40s. Every cabin is different.

So like in mine for example, if i had a modest budget for a single driver on say 2k clamped, id probably opt for an Hdc3. I know it would get loud with minimal tinkering

So like in mine for example, if i had a modest budget for a single driver on say 2k clamped, id probably opt for an Hdc3. I know it would get loud with minimal tinkering
I'm doing a low powered (under 1k clamped) spl build for meca street 1, not sure if its going in a 16 Jetta or 17 Mustang. I'm going to test resonances soon. I have all the equipment except the subs, I just can't decide on what I'm going to use. I'm guessing the cars will peak in the mid to upper 40s.

Meca is different than Drag for sure. Not necessarily on driver selection, but on box design. For meca, i go larger enclosure, tuned lower and less port area than Drag. My current box only does around 152.5 at headrest. But 54 sealed and 155.5 kick.

Update on Performance of subs??
Just the free air test haven’t built a box yet. I’m moving clear across the country this week so this is definitely gonna be on the back burner for awhile.

I’m thinking of a smaller version of this style band pass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from