So I got a box made yesterday....

Radrick Davis
10+ year member

I got a box made by a local shop yesterday for my 2 12" alpine type rs....

I told the guy 4.4 cubes @ 35hz.

When they said my car was done, he told me he did the box at 40hz. -_-

They were closing so I didn't have time to conversate to him about why he didn't do the specs I told him to.

Would my best bet be to go up there to the shop tomorrow? Or will the 5 hz not be worth the hassell?

5hz is defintely worth the hassle... You could try polyfill as without building you a new box, changing tuning doing down can't really be done. To lower tuning you have to have a longer port, adding wood is hard lol. However, if you add polyfill, the box will appear to be bigger to the sub, so the tuning will drop since port length stayed the same. My suggestion is to just add some polyfill. How tall is your port and how wide? If you tell me that I can give you a very good estimation of how it will come out by adding polyfill.

What exactly is polyfill?
I don't know ANYTHING when it comes to boxes and such?

Lert's say the guy DOES "rebuild" the box.... how do I know this ***** won't give me the SAME box I previously had????
Dont bother he f'ed up your box and decided to do what he wanted. The builder is responsible, have him either build another or refund. You could also try to talk to the owner about it.

Just take note of the box dimensions especially the ports length

And you can just make a few cuts/scratches inside of the boxes in a few places.

Well to check your tuning, for now, dowload tests tone on the internet. 30, 31, 32... all the way to 45 if you can. Then play each one at moderate volume to get the speaker moving start at 45 and work down. At some point the cone will begin to barely move, the frequecy the cone moves least is your tuning. Below that note you'll notice the cone moves alot more.

Also I graphed teh box you got and the box you want, the box you want is way better. The one you got is really peaky and has **** for lowend. Your getting an extra 2dbs around fourty hz or so, but giving up 6dbs from 30-35hz or, it looks pretty bad man lol. I think polyfill can honestly about fix this, I just need port dimensions. However, if you feel ripped off you can always ask for another box, I'm just trying to help in case that doesn't work. Like I said, tell me how big the rectangular hole in the box is, both height and width and I can help you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Radrick Davis

10+ year member
Radrick Davis
Goodlettesville, Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from