Which Alpine sub to go with?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Have a chance to buy a new s series 12 inch for 135.00 or an r series 12 inch for 235.00. Would be pushing 600 watts rms off an Alpine mono amp in a 1.3 ported enclosure at 38hz. Which would be the better deal all around and hit harder?
Is Alpine all you want to run? I ask due to other subs that you may be able to get that will perform at a much cheaper price for the money
Have a chance to buy a new s series 12 inch for 135.00 or an r series 12 inch for 235.00. Would be pushing 600 watts rms off an Alpine mono amp in a 1.3 ported enclosure at 38hz. Which would be the better deal all around and hit harder?
What Model Alpine Mono Amplifier?

Thanks. I have the S-A60M. Currently running the Infinity 1200s and really not happy with it. I have Alpine s series mids and highs with an alpine head unit as well CDA-9886. Figured I'd keep it all the same. Also the air space for both subs are 1.0 to 1.5. Most other subs especially 12s require 1.75 and above.

Out of those two Subs for that enclosure .. Id run the S series DVC wired to 2 ohms on that amp (600x1@2Ohms). Ive had that HU in the past. Nice Unit

Out of those two Subs for that enclosure .. Id run the S series DVC wired to 2 ohms on that amp (600x1@2Ohms). Ive had that HU in the past. Nice Unit

Good deal then. Yea I have the Infinity 1200s at 2 ohms and it's ok but, doesn't really rock to me. I had Infinity reference mids and highs and replaced them with Alpine S series and it was a vast improvement. Infinity was way too bright for my taste.

Thanks. I have the S-A60M. Currently running the Infinity 1200s and really not happy with it. I have Alpine s series mids and highs with an alpine head unit as well CDA-9886. Figured I'd keep it all the same. Also the air space for both subs are 1.0 to 1.5. Most other subs especially 12s require 1.75 and above.
Great Sub for sure

Good deal then. Yea I have the Infinity 1200s at 2 ohms and it's ok but, doesn't really rock to me. I had Infinity reference mids and highs and replaced them with Alpine S series and it was a vast improvement. Infinity was way too bright for my taste.
Is that enclosure all you have and or have room for?? Be better to get tuned a little lower to serve any justice IMHO. More towards 32-35 HTZ

I ran some Level 3 DC 12s.. Sold them and regret it. they went up in price on me. I have an older Gcon that I like to run in one my 2.0@32 Htz enclosures that sounds really clean and can hit the lows nicely.. I would imagine the Demon would be a nice choice for your power. SSA Subs are built pretty rigid. Dayton HO are prob out of Stock ATM/5 Yr Warranty subs

This would be a great sub and tuned enclosure for the money. My nephew has this in his 12 Silverado with rear seat removed on a PPI Phantom 1k. Its tuned to 35 HTZ if I remember correctly and 1.75 CU ft. Sounds really Nice. he beats the crap out of it. Still in tact

This would be a great sub and tuned enclosure for the money. My nephew has this in his 12 Silverado with rear seat removed on a PPI Phantom 1k. Its tuned to 35 HTZ if I remember correctly and 1.75 CU ft. Sounds really Nice. he beats the crap out of it. Still in tact

His box is too small for a 12" sub. He should get a 10" sub. CT Sounds Ozone, AB XD 10, or Sundown SA Classic 10 IMO.

His box is too small for a 12" sub. He should get a 10" sub. CT Sounds Ozone, AB XD 10, or Sundown SA Classic 10 IMO.
That DC and the Demon will work in that enclosure. A 10 would be ideal for sure. He would have to do another Baffle. And Im not sure if he has skills or tools for that?? A tuned enclosure and Sub for just under $250 bucks shipped(Not Including Tax Im sure) with a warranty is a steal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...