so comfused HELP

BIGRED36

I just got a 12 inch Alpine type S and i not sure what wire to fun from it in in my amp. What brand is best? What gauge do i need? Do i need to diffrent wires to run the positive and negative terminals on the side of the box?......ANY and all info will be helpful...never put in a sub and amp before.

12g speaker wire will be fine, but it sounds like you may want to do some reading up on installs and amp tuning before going at this by yourself!

12g speaker wire will be fine, but it sounds like you may want to do some reading up on installs and amp tuning before going at this by yourself!

I completely agree. My recommendation is to pay for your first install but find a shop that will allow you to go back and watch the process. Yes you may pay $100 but your gaining infinite knowledge from a trained car audio installer.

I completely agree. My recommendation is to pay for your first install but find a shop that will allow you to go back and watch the process. Yes you may pay $100 but your gaining infinite knowledge from a trained car audio installer.
That will really depend on what shop you go to, you may end up learning a half assed way of installing! I would ask around on here and try to find someone local to give you a hand, I don't know how far you are from norfolk but if you want to drive I could give you a hand.

i went to a shop for my first install and didnt make it 3 blocks before i had a fire in my trunk and under the hood.

They put a kinetic in my spare tire well leaned against the body so of course it arc'd and then the fuse under the hood caught fire

i went to a shop for my first install and didnt make it 3 blocks before i had a fire in my trunk and under the hood.
They put a kinetic in my spare tire well leaned against the body so of course it arc'd and then the fuse under the hood caught fire
and there was no extra charge for all the excitement!

You am comfused!

12g speaker wire will be fine, but it sounds like you may want to do some reading up on installs and amp tuning...
^^^This

... pay for your first install but find a shop that will allow you to go back and watch the process. Yes you may pay $100 but your gaining infinite knowledge from a trained car audio installer.
^^^Then this

Yeah unfortunately some shops do get away with halfassed installs. As goingdef stated if you have someone close or can find someone on here that lives close that you can trust, thats always a plus. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I started installing at age 15 on my own cars. Then got an apprenticeship at a local shop when I first got in the AF at a shop here in Minot. Lyle was a big part of me staying with car audio for all these years. He took me under his wing and showed me how to do a better job at installing. How to build enclosures, etc. that why I always recommend trying to find a shop that will allow you to watch to learn. And its why I mentor a 15 year old kid now.

does anybody know the wattage of a Alpine V-Power mono power MRP-M350......o and guys im not a moron i have mounted subs before. and helped a guy with an amp. just never done both by myself.

LOL..LOL!!! Thats not funny, but good lord man..it is..I can picture it!!Im sorry man, but thats some Funny Chit!!

does anybody know the wattage of a Alpine V-Power mono power MRP-M350......o and guys im not a moron i have mounted subs before. and helped a guy with an amp. just never done both by myself.
Have you Googled the specs up yet??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.