small xs power batt comparison

Participant count
  • Participant list
The second battery was to help me at idle and to give me a little extra help with the ac or heater on but when driving I'm fine

Battery's svck... Alternator power is where it's at... But no I Doubt you would notice a difference
Second Batteries still help stiffen things up. Alternators don't put out a constant peak output. Thats why high performance main and second batteries are also important. There will be a noticeable difference in performance and headlight dimming between the two. But since he already has a great main battery and a great second battery on a small system there ought not be any difference by changing it out. high output alternator companies and high performance battery companies will tell that both are important. Anybody who disagrees doesn't push there system hard enough to notice a difference. You can test this by using a meter on your system while its turned up loud enough you will see a bigger voltage drop with just a high output alternator versus a high performance main battery and or a second battery. Alternators don't react quick enough to offset the short voltage spike, thus decreasing system performance and increasing headlight dimming. It depends on how loud you play but you will see a difference.

I've added 5 kenitik 1800s to my system and nothing changed. Same db score,same voltage at full tilt, this was acouple years ago but alt over battery's every time.

System was 1 crossfire 8k with two alts and three Juicebox 3100s... Then I added the 5 kenitik 1800s and nothing changed so after that show I sold them all real fast.

I noticed an audible difference in output when adding a second battery. Of course you won't notice losing batteries if you have the current and capacitance available due to already having enough batteries and alternators.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.