Looking for best bang for buck at this point please

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigdcobia

So I have a 13 Dodge ram crew cab. Got the Bass all taken care of. This is more of a question for the remainder of system. I replaced dash and door speakers with kickers. KS for 2 dash and CS 6.5's for 4 doors. I have them all on an old school punch 45. Because I didn't realize the door/dash on same line the tweets were rather loud and distorted so I ended up getting some inline bass blocks put on them at a shop that have at least eliminated the distortion. the head unit is stock 8.4 non alpine and I am not interested in changing that. I've got around $500 left to play with thanks to FFL . So Do I get Components for front door and dash, LCI6, better 4 channel amp for the non bass speakers? or what you got for me? Not sure if that old punch 45 is giving me what I need for the rest of the speakers or not....thoughts on best bang for $500.....

The problem with factory radios is they have pre determined x over curves based on volume..Ill bet when the volume is low you hear the bass nicely then once close to half volume it disappears and the mids and highs get pretty loud and crappy sounding up front....I would go with the Audiocontrol first if you insist on keeping your factory radio...this is probably why your tweets were distorted and sounded like crap to begin with (horrible factory x over)...the audio control will give your amp a clean signal to work with and eliminate any factory x over curves...then i would get rid of the kickers and get some decent components for the doors up front...More power up front wouldnt hurt but if its loud enough for you its fine...Just the processor alone will make your fronts louder and sound better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.