Small space needing bass

MrQuik

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok 1st let me get this out the way. I know absolutely nothing about car audio but fast in learning.

Now I have a gsxr 1000 I'm currently running 4 Jbl Gto 3.5
on the front of my bike. In the rear I'm running 1 Rockford fosgate 6.5 using a Rockford fosgate T4004xad 4 channel amp

Now although pretty loud o want to get some bass from the rear so I purchased a kicker CWRT672 I also bought a old school keenwood KGC 4042A because of its size.

Now lol my question is can I run the small sub and 4 speakers off the 1 amp and add the eq to gice me some deep bass from the sub? Omg I'm confusing myself. Or do I need to try and add 2 amps 1 for sub and of so how would I add an eq btw I don't have a head unit im using a JL audio Bluetooth reciever

Ok 1st let me get this out the way. I know absolutely nothing about car audio but fast in learning.

Now I have a gsxr 1000 I'm currently running 4 Jbl Gto 3.5
on the front of my bike. In the rear I'm running 1 Rockford fosgate 6.5 using a Rockford fosgate T4004xad 4 channel amp

Now although pretty loud o want to get some bass from the rear so I purchased a kicker CWRT672 I also bought a old school keenwood KGC 4042A because of its size.

Now lol my question is can I run the small sub and 4 speakers off the 1 amp and add the eq to gice me some deep bass from the sub? Omg I'm confusing myself. Or do I need to try and add 2 amps 1 for sub and of so how would I add an eq btw I don't have a head unit im using a JL audio Bluetooth reciever
Do you have any pics of your set up? I’m having a hard time picturing how you mounted 6.5s (let alone where you’d put a sub) on a gixxer. Some sorta add on top box on the rear I’m guessing?

I’ve never understood speakers on a bike. I’d rather hear the exhaust and my surroundings..

2 3.5s on channel 1
6.5 on channel 2
Subwoofer bridged on channel 3/4.

66EB086F-C977-4C2B-B8F0-AA1D40C50D98.jpeg

Do you have any pics of your set up? I’m having a hard time picturing how you mounted 6.5s (let alone where you’d put a sub) on a gixxer. Some sorta add on top box on the rear I’m guessing?
The 3.5 is in the air ducts in front. The 1 6.5 is in the trunk in back but im removing and putting a 6.5 kicker instead. When bass hit I pops my 3.5 so I have to have all treable so I bought the small eq by keenwood to stop that and that has the sub controller so I can have more bass I think lol

I’ve never understood speakers on a bike. I’d rather hear the exhaust and my surroundings..

2 3.5s on channel 1
6.5 on channel 2
Subwoofer bridged on channel 3/4.
Ty for this and yes I can tell you now the speakers do not stop you from hearing my exhaust as well but im a music guy and love my sounds. Your not the 1st or last to understand speajers being on any bike let alone a sports bike but I refused to give up and I knew where there was a will there is a way

Attachments

• 20200306_230152.jpg
    20200306_230152.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 157
The 3.5 is in the air ducts in front. The 1 6.5 is in the trunk in back but im removing and putting a 6.5 kicker instead. When bass hit I pops my 3.5 so I have to have all treable so I bought the small eq by keenwood to stop that and that has the sub controller so I can have more bass I think lol
You need a high pass crossover on the 3.5s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.