Small ID build today

A lot of chevys have leaks in them. My friends 91 cavalier has a major one in the front drivers floor. and my fathers state car has one in the rear pass seat also my neighbor has one in his van. LOL they should come with a life raft. Just another reason I dont buy "American" cars. Sweet build though.
oh believe me, this is the last chevy im buying. My next vehicle will be a honda or a nissan. Not sure though. depending on how long i wait it could very well be a BMW M3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif that would def be out of college though and when i make a little money:greedy:

You got some really good equipment in that caviqueer and it's a really clean install.
Are you using a lot of deadening?

WTF? the "lexus" owner has a Jaguar in his sig? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

well i think im going to start saving up for a processor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i think im going to go with the audiocontrol dqxs with controller //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I would make a quick plywood panel cover for all that with like 3" legs to hold it sturdy over the wires, you could use that side of the trunk to then.

DSC01021.jpg

thanks for that tip. i think im just going to leave like this until the next time i come to my parents to work on the car. I dont use the trunk anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Also did you ever figure out your tranny issue?

As you know Brian, I have had a few cavaliers in my day and I never had any rust on the 99 or 2002 one, but did in my 85 and 94............the 94 was lucky to keep the body on, lawl!

But...........I have also owned quite a few imports from my Nissan 300zx with twin turbos. That bish rusted to the ground after I blew a rod and it sat.......with a cover on it! My Datsuns I have had were rust buckets and so was my one Honda Accord.

With that said, they were all pretty old, but so were my American cars with rust.

So don't let that sway ya on your next purchase.

I have had better luck with Domestics than Imports. Much better luck!

so i was driving yesterday and out of nowhere my gauges shut off along with my ac. so i check fuses and they are all good and while doing this i notice my radio will not shut off(with door open and everything) so i am on my way to somewhere for someone to look at it and then my radio shuts off. After that i said screw it im just going to go home. On the way back home, everything starts working again all at once.

any ideas on what this is? everything is still working today but lord knows how long. Im assuming it is just a short somewhere but has anyone else ever had this issue?

well my dash cracked today. not sure why but it seems all cavaliers seem to do this over time. My dad has about 6 cavaliers on his lot so i was just going to swap them but they are all cracked too which is where i came to the conclusion that they all do this over time

I think to fix this since it'll just crack again anyway is suede that piece to the plastic will never be seen again. and while im at it im thinking the a pillars should get done too

anyway heres pics of the damage

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

pending a deal right now, i might have a new head unit shortly and it allows me to go active //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.