New Car, New Build

Participant count
  • Participant list
New here, first post. Be gentle. I just picked up a 2010 BMW 550i with the standard (read crappy) audio system and I have put together a system. I want to stay stealthy so it still looks stock and still run it through the I-Drive. This is what I have come up with:

-Morel Dotech Ovation 4" component speakers in the front doors (I can not go any bigger without moving the stock location)

-Morel Dotech Ovation 4" component speakers in the rear deck

-Earthquake SWS-8 shallow mount subs under each front seat (perfect fit in stock location)

-JL Audio HD 900/5 (providing front and rears with 100w and each sub with 250w)

-JL Audio CL-SSI (take the OEM high level audio and converts it to line level)

-JL Audio CL-441DSP ( takes the line level and creates hi fi signal to then go through amp)

I don't want to do a trunk sub because I have heard them and I don't think they do a good job. The BMW has very good sound proofing in the trunk and you lose a lot of the sound. The under seat subs are not optimal, but at least they are inside the cabin.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.