Small ID build today

maintence wise all i do is change my oil and my dad does my tires for me. well he is the only one other than me that works on the car. he says it's not that bad though. it's a pretty cheap car to work on too. what is your budget like? i paid 9300 for mine in 05 and it was a year old then

ill probably have around $2.5-3k to spend. a bit on the low side , but i NEED to get a new car before i move to NC. my blazer has no ac and never seems to NOT have a problem. i know civics are **** cheap to fix , parts are everywhere and theyre pretty reliable. but the more i see people driving the cavi's around , it gets me interested.

So what do you think of those comps? Details please //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
i havent been able to properly tune them yet due to me ******* at that but they sound really smooth considering. the tweeters are a little harsh currently but like i said havent been tuned properly yet. but considering that they still blend really well. the mids are incredible. they get insanely loud and sound good while doing it. and that subwoofer is just incredible. its not even in a recommended enclosure and yet it is still very accurate, tight, clean bass. (exactly what i wanted) oh and it gets loud too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

all in all, this is a very nice component set that i would recommend to anyone. The tweeter does need to be tamed a little bit but still sounds pretty good. Install was easy but then again i had already had baffles made for last set of components and my doors are hella treated. i have about 30 sq ft of raammat and dynamat extreme per door, a layer of ensolite inside and out and a deflex pad behind mid.

Here is my 02 Brian.
Don't have pics of the other ones. Well I do of my 94, but they are when the car was in bad shape.

Maybe give you an idea for your amp setup. Was easy to do.

Carsplusoldpicsofdriveway073.jpg

Carsplusoldpicsofdriveway138.jpg

Carsplusoldpicsofdriveway142.jpg

Probably seen this pic as it is everywhere on here, lol! More than you can afford pal! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Need any insight, let me know.

nice car. i love a good clean ls sport. i like what you did with amps and will consider that when i do my new box for sub. we also have our tweeters in same location. how do you like them there? do they get a bit harsh at times? or even blocked by passengers?

ill probably have around $2.5-3k to spend. a bit on the low side , but i NEED to get a new car before i move to NC. my blazer has no ac and never seems to NOT have a problem. i know civics are **** cheap to fix , parts are everywhere and theyre pretty reliable. but the more i see people driving the cavi's around , it gets me interested.
honestly i dont think you can go wrong either way. both of my cavaliers have been pretty dependable. my brother in laws daily commuter car is a 95 accord with close to 200k miles on it and has had no real issues with it either. the only thing that went wrong on my 92 was the head cracked but for a 15 year old car at the time thats too bad i would say.

today i have a little work to do to the doors. my mid is right up against the door so when it moves it hits the door and makes an annoying buzzing sound so i have a ghetto plan to fix it. im going to put screws partially in my baffle and have them sticking out enough to hold door panel there out. you wont see the screws and doubtful the door sticking out a bit will even be noticed either.

here is a pic of mid to show you how close it is

DSC00875.jpg

ok system is now tuned and is pure ear sex

a couple of my new show off songs would be

creep by stone temple pilots

underdog by Spoon

very accurate and very detailed. i give these comps 2 thumbs up

wanna get rid of those PB comps? can always use spare parts for mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

OP: Please tell me you know what size screws are used for the speaker terminals on the Alpine amp?? Ive been to every hardware store you can think of and still cant find the right size screw for my M550.

OP: Please tell me you know what size screws are used for the speaker terminals on the Alpine amp?? Ive been to every hardware store you can think of and still cant find the right size screw for my M550.
I'm not exactly sure what your asking? Are you asking about the screws that come with the amp? If so i have no clue what size they are

Some pics from deadening i never posted

supplies

DSC02095.jpg

before

DSC02100.jpg

after

DSC02101.jpg

i still need to do some more closed cell in here or maybe some open since its pretty sealed off from moisture

DSC02102.jpg

bottom of the top piece of dash

DSC02097.jpg

yuck (untreated door)

DSC02076.jpg

DSC02097.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.