slot ports vs tube ports

Participant count
  • Participant list
theres only those two differences, but ported by tube or slot will not make you box better because it's a slot or tube. The box is only good as you make it...

Like namster said the shape doesn't matter as long as it's made good. If you use pvc pipe that's 2mm thick and long then the port will flex and if you make a slot port poorly then you will have similar effects but if you build them both of good quality then they will have nearly identical results... though the round port would have slightly less resonance or is it more resonance... i think it's less resonace in the round ports due to the lack of parallel surfaces. But most slot ports have parallel surfaces causing more resonance. Oh yeah and usually slot ports come out neater for bigginners because they are easier to build... usually.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.