Aero port or ports

Participant count
  • Participant list

Awardwinna80

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
Hey, new to the group. I'm building a box to fit behind the seat in my single cab truck. I have buckets and a console. That said, I have room , and proper airspace to fit my nvx vcw 12 in the center. Sub has to be center. I'm wanting to use aero port on the box. Either single 4 or dual 3. In my thinking, the dual three inch, one on either side would function better than a single 4 inch. Thoughts

Are you going to do actual aeroports with flares on both ends? I’m running a single 4 inch aeroport on my little 750 watt 12. It has flares on both ends. I’ve used straight pvc before with no flare and it always has port noise. In a car trunk it’s likely not a big deal because the trunk hides the port noise, but in a center console box you’ll hear all the nastiness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

And you failed to mention airspace of the box or the sub and power you were running. In 89 most subs were extremely low xmax meaning very little...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...
While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...
Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...

About this thread

Awardwinna80

CarAudio.com Newbie
Awardwinna80
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from