Slot port VS. Aeroports...

aero's are a bit easier to mock up, and install.. and will reduce port noise at high output levels..

some people swear by em, some swear by slot ports..

I've used both... they both get the job done IMO

Loyd L.

^^^^ I feel the same, after hearing and using both they both do there purpose about the same. Aero's do sound allitle cleaner becuase of less port noise and there length is easily adjustable, which is good for switching the tuning if you compete and use it as a DD.

You shouldnt have port noise with vents if you have the right amound of port area.

With the right design, I doubt Aeros can yield more than a 1-2 db increase over a vent. To some thats important, but to me, im too much of a cheap bastard to spend the $$ for aeros //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you have the room make sure to go with 2 6" aeros with that setup. you can also use PVC and flare them. practice on a 1 ft chunk about 5 times cutting it off each time and you shoul be a pro by the end.

If you have the room make sure to go with 2 6" aeros with that setup. you can also use PVC and flare them. practice on a 1 ft chunk about 5 times cutting it off each time and you shoul be a pro by the end.
how did you flare it? just a torch/heat gun and a bowl?

i have 1 06 l7 15 iam thinking of getting a box built 5.6 cuft a a using 4 4" aeroports would this be a good idea and how long should i have my ports i want my box tuned to 34hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.