Slim Sub Suggestions Wanted

MrJP
10+ year member

Alabama
I am looking for recommendations on thin/slim subs. I am looking for a sub to go under my rear seat. I need a couple of 8" subs, but they can't be very deep.

I'm thinking a sealed box, and I listen to Jazz and rock most of the time, so SQ is important. I don't need a lot of thump. BTW, my budget is in the 2-3 hundred each max.

Thanks in advance

What is the Sound Quality like on those?
Average.

I too would try to avoid "shallow/slim" woofers.

ID8 is always high on the budget SQ list. Small and sounds quite nice. Musicality is surprising.

What is the amount of depth you have total to work with. Then subtract 1.5" for box top/bottom. and another 1-2" for venting/cooling.

Look into the Atomic line of subs they have something in an 8 in just about every power range. SQ is great way better then the DD. The DD is still a DD and likes the 40-45hz range the best like all DDs. Its more SPL then SQ. I sell DD and dont think for a 8" sound quality DD will be the best. I myself have used the 1508 and its loud but very picky on box for it to hit low and hard. It needs a folded horn to show off what it can do and it then has a high imp rise so you have to add a way bigger amp on them to get the power they need. The Atomic line of subs are custom built so it can be built for spl or sq. I did a pair of Quantum 8s that I had fully upgraded into monsters on 500rms each all day long from an atomic 1000.1 amp. They where in a 1 cubic ft box tuned to 35hz and they hit hard. Everyone though I had a pair of 10s or higher end 12" They have a hard punch and very fast responce on them.

Thanks everyone, but I'm pretty space limited. They will go under the back seat of a Blazer and I have about 5" depth to work with. The braces for the seats are in the way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.