Skar TXL 10 help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Does anyone know the enclosure specs for a skar txl 10? Every site I've looked at only gives the displacement spec and that's it. I really need to know mounting depth and how many cubes both sealed and ported. If the sub is even recommended for sealed. Thx much

I'm going to guess that sealed is not recommended. Grab the t/s off the website and plug it into in online box calculator or pay for a design from someone. Pay a pro to build a box to get what your looking for. Get the t/s specs and post them and ask somone nicely here to model it

I'm going to guess that sealed is not recommended. Grab the t/s off the website and plug it into in online box calculator or pay for a design from someone. Pay a pro to build a box to get what your looking for. Get the t/s specs and post them and ask somone nicely here to model it
Building the box isn't an issue for me. I need to know the mounting depth to make sure I can fit it under seat downward firing in a 01 Silverado ext cab

For a down firing box i would guess you'll need 11-12 inches of height. Enough to space it off the floor 1-2 inches and to take in the account of the top wall.

For a down firing box i would guess you'll need 11-12 inches of height. Enough to space it off the floor 1-2 inches and to take in the account of the top wall.
Do you know the exact mounting depth of the sub? Also how many cubes ported it may need? Trying to see if I have the room. I was going to run it with one SK1500.1D @ .5 ohms. I can get a good deal on one right now. Its a DVC 1ohm sub. I figured the SK series amps can handle that load. My other option was to run 2 Skar 8in ZXL's (900w rms each) with a T2000.D amp. I have about 2cubes to work with. My 12in typeR isn't doing it for me on a 1200w amp sealed in .90cu ft. Which set-up do you think will be louder? If I did run the 8's they would probably be forward firing. Haven't thought about a box design until I pick the right combo. Thx for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.