Skar SK1X10V paired with Image ID10?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sluggz

CarAudio.com Recruit
NorCal
I’m looking for a box to fit into my 2001 Mustang GT convertible and this box will fit my car but I wanted to ask the community if this is a good deal? And if Skar makes good boxes as well? Thanks everyone

Attachments

• 51EEB7F9-64C9-4148-BA02-5F2F8E1FD09D.jpeg
    51EEB7F9-64C9-4148-BA02-5F2F8E1FD09D.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 15
Won’t get much love for Skar here. 39 hz is a high tune for daily as well and tuning is likely a bit higher once drivers installed. I personally have no experience with Skar boxes as I build my own but I’m sure someone that does will chime in.

Won’t get much love for Skar here. 39 hz is a high tune for daily as well and tuning is likely a bit higher once drivers installed. I personally have no experience with Skar boxes as I build my own but I’m sure someone that does will chime in.
Thanks my man. You’re always helping out when I post! I saw some random boxes on Amazon but don’t want to buy anything that would hinder the performance of the subwoofer

Depends on a lot of things but most here are enthusiasts so we like to build our own and build to the exact specs the sub performs best in. Pre fabs are like a one size fits all, it will accommodate a wide range but not be perfect for a specific application so you will be leaving output/sq/etc on the table. You might be perfectly happy with it and there’s nothing wrong with that, especially with the cost of freaking wood right now.

You will be hard pressed to find a pre-fabricated box tuned lower than 35hz. I'm guessing from 30hz. - 50 hz. would sound good in that box. Set the crossover at 70hz. or 80hz. and bass on.
I wonder what a local audio shop would charge to build me a box… I know prices of wood is insane right now..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...