Skar SDR 12 vs SVR 10 vs DDX 10

If you shop you can find good deals. In my work vehicle I have a RF R2-300x4, RF R2-500x1, Kicker L7r 10 (came in enclosure), Sound Ordnance 6.5 Components up front, RF R2-6.75 coaxials in rear, Pioneer FH-S722BS, and 4 gauge knukonceptz ofc wiring.

I probably have a little over a $1000 tied up in it. But I also bought all new. Find used and I'd probably be 1/2 that

I was wondering if anyone was going to say that
I feel like a broken record sometimes
The shop I deal with did a Fit as a project car and put 2 8's in it and it sounded great
So 1 10 should be enough for that car
I would rather have one good sub and run all the power into it then 2 shitty subs
Here is a package that is the sub, the amp and the wires for $319
https://soundqubed.com/product/10-inch-sub-bundle/
Then all you need is a box

Nice, but I'd need someone to be able to build me a box for it for $80

Those are shallow mounts
Plus that ad is over 2 years old
Listen if you do it impatiently then it's just going to cost you more money in the long run.
Buying equipment that and hoping it's going to be right leads to disappointment and spending more money in the future.
You do realize that if you buy the wood from home depot they will cut it for you
All you need is the measurements and then glue it and screw it together
This is a link to a ported 10" box
It's from Digital Designs which are very similar to Soundqubed
If your capable of wiring the system then you can screw some wood together
Then all you need is the 3/4" MDF
Added- You will have to find a way to cut the hole for the sub they probably won't do that for you
Someone you know has to have a jigsaw
It's literally 90 seconds to get done

Attachments

• 10_compact_size.pdf
    214 KB · Views: 50
Those are shallow mounts
Plus that ad is over 2 years old
Listen if you do it impatiently then it's just going to cost you more money in the long run.
Buying equipment that and hoping it's going to be right leads to disappointment and spending more money in the future.
You do realize that if you buy the wood from home depot they will cut it for you
All you need is the measurements and then glue it and screw it together
This is a link to a ported 10" box
It's from Digital Designs which are very similar to Soundqubed
If your capable of wiring the system then you can screw some wood together
Then all you need is the 3/4" MDF
Added- You will have to find a way to cut the hole for the sub they probably won't do that for you
Someone you know has to have a jigsaw
It's literally 90 seconds to get done

I think I could do that. Hot glue would hold it together? Or would that melt in a car / fall apart? Also I don't have a home depot near me, would lowes or menards do it?

Wood glue. Lowe’s should cut it for you. Building your own is fun and a great learning process. You’ll want 3/4” mdf, wood glue (titebond II is my choice), screws or brad nail gun, and caulk (for the seams to keep them from leaking air).

Screws are always better imho vs a brad nail. Along with some clamps. Menards won't cut for you but Lowes will. Just take your time and once you do it once you will figure out that it isn't all that hard and you will end up wanting a bigger box down the line trust us on this,lol.

I have become a believer in the nail gun but in the past I used screws.
Not too long or it will crack the wood, 1 1/2, 1 5/8 should do it
Pre drill all your holes
If you can get them to cut an extra piece that is the width of the port and about 8" long
It helps when your trying to place the inside port walls

Yes that box will work for the Soundqubed package

Depending on the price of wood where you are it should keep you right on budget
If all else fails just ask for help
Everyone here had to do this for the first time at some point
Some of us longer ago than others

Thank you everyone, I will go this route.

I also saw that there is another soundqubed combo but with the 15in version. The enclosure would be more expensive then, wouldn't it and then also be above my budget?

15s will require a lot more air space. One sheet of mdf should be enough for a 15 but you’d need to make sure you can fit it.

For a beginner I’d go the screw route. I started using the brad nail gun for the last 3 boxes and I’ll never go back. It’s so quick and I love how you just need a touch of filler and can do whatever you want to the box (stain is my favorite). Some people just use clamps and no nails/screws but I don’t have the patience for that lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...