Skar Audio vs Sundown Audio

Saz-1500 vs Sk-1500.1

• Saz-1500

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • Sk-1500.1

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Get some reducers or strip down the wire or run to a distro block. Not man 1.5k amps will have 0 gauge.
Well then that defeats the whole purpouse of using 0 gauge wire. Yea the sundown and Skar both have 0 gauge input.

Well then that defeats the whole purpouse of using 0 gauge wire. Yea the sundown and Skar both have 0 gauge input.
Not really. Small guage of wire can handle far more than you think, just for shorter runs. This will give you an idea even though it starts at 10 feet

Wire Gauge Tables

Last edited by a moderator:
No it does not at all... The wire is still there for the run, there's just less at the connection. That's why reducers and distro blocks exist. I'd imagine you're going to be running a speaker amp as well right? So a run of 0 gauge, to a distro block, and then a run of 4 gauge to each amp. a 2 or 3 foot run of 4 gauge can easily carry the current for a 1.5k amp.

Or if you wanna keep it simple and not have to buy anything, you can just strip down the wire to fit. I just hate having to do that though, especially going from 0 to 4 gauge.

For a good bit of installs that these amps will be in , I highly doubt most could hear the difference between a S/N ratios.......

please note that I said *most*......

AP bang for your buck

Sundown if you want to be like everyone else with an over priced 1500rms amp (I mean really its 2012 power is cheap, and should be such)

No way I would by a Skar amp, again for the price better/equal can be had

OP there are tons of amps that will do 1500rms or more. Get the most power in your price range, hell for 500+ you can get alot of power run @4ohms and still have a room to upgrade later

I am confused though...are you looking for the best 1500 watt amplifier?... or just having issues deciding whether you want a Sundown amp or a SKAR amp?
Na I bought a Skar Sk-1500.1 and I was seeing how it stacks up against the saz-1500.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...