Interested in $35 shipped Tweeter Spheres?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joseph7195
10+ year member

Walkin Tall
I was thinking of starting a little side project and make tweeter spheres for people who want to utilize spheres, but can't because they don't know how, or don't have the tools to do it with .

It was gonna be a simple cone design, with threaded rod, and hex bolts to fasten firmly. It will be able to accept a tweeter up to 1 31/64" wide tweeter. A little less than 1.5". The sphere would be painted and the rod threaded (to a specific angle, if you so choose). Paint would be optional, you could paint it yourself if you wanted.

Only thing you would have to do is insert tweeter and finish the look of the front in any way you can think.

These will begin pretty plainly, and of course become more and more specific as I become better at making them.

Example:

Alexbirthdayandtweeterspheres045.jpg

Alexbirthdayandtweeterspheres047.jpg

Alexbirthdayandtweeterspheres048.jpg

Alexbirthdayandtweeterspheres050.jpg

Alexbirthdayandtweeterspheres051.jpg

Alexbirthdayandtweeterspheres052.jpg

Alexbirthdayandtweeterspheres053.jpg

You can of course mount these wherever you would like, just tell me the angle and I will mount the rod as close as possible to the angle for your best imaging.

SO, what you guys think? I figured since I don't have to walk to make these, it would be a way to help people and be active at the same time.

If I get a lot of requests, I will start making them, and set up a vendor forum here.

Great idea! That's something that could be done, but it would cost a little more for the swivel. These are meant to be as cost efficient as possible. Though anything can be done if the customer would want them. Except any artsy stuff, I am no good at hand painting things, but these solid colors would be easy.

A critical part of the design is literally using a sphere.
I had experimented with the actual sphere design, but could not find a way to make them cost effective, though the term sphere is to be used as a generalized term, and not to be mistaken for an actual sphere. A whole lot less interest could have been garnered with the term "tweeter cone" Mainly because of a lack of experience with tweeter cones.

If I might add, the mounting of the tweeter is up to the customer, and if a wide phase angle is desired, one would just have to mount the tweeter past the plane of the mounting cone and the wide angle could still be achieved

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.