Skar Audio PAX-65 vs ID CTX65

Got the Lanzars today. They are massive. The good thing is they are the same depth as the PRV so at least I'll get that nailed down before I get them. With a 3/4 spacer on the CTX they are pretty much the same depth. Will be installing them tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna have to put my spacing in, which ***** because I'm pretty much at the limit to make my door panels go on without major mods. I already trimmed a lot of plastic on the inside. Will be interesting

0550de5d4dd40cc6b308fcaf739c8849.jpg

f0dc5766585ba1f02c40148115d6bc8f.jpg

Here's a size comparison between the Lanzars and the ID.

Yea not as bad as i first thought. Just a little deeper and basket is a little wider. Wide enough that I have to dremel my spacers to get them to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
That ain't happening. I would have to dremel till next week to get that to work. Just gonna have to make new ones

a08185796a91e36c4116f1e131592f7e.jpg

Got one side done. Then ran out of sunlight. Wow, these things are loud! But sound pretty **** good. Very surprised to be honest. Those PRV are gonna sound sweet.

All installed. Woke up at 430am to finish it before I had to work. For 82 bucks total, its unbelievable. Doesn't get as low as the Image dynamics but it makes up for it in volume and upper midrange. Had to change the crossover point on my sub, and I moved the crossover up to about 5000hz and the vocals are so smooth. Everything is smooth. Very happy .

Cool, what are you doing with the lanzars after?
Def keeping em. I can't go back now. The volume level would drop to much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif prob gonna put my CTX on here for sale or trade

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.