Skar Audio PAX-65 vs ID CTX65

I was also thinking about getting the image dynamics XS that match my tweeters too.. I have been thinking and shopping for new mids for a long time now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was also thinking about getting the image dynamics XS that match my tweeters too.. I have been thinking and shopping for new mids for a long time now.
Completely different things, you'll need to decide what you want first. Power wise, it's not even remotely close and PRVs are rated at 250w RMS each. The ID XS comps are 125w per pair and that's with tweet and passive x-over. So the PRVs will take about 4x the power of each of those XS mids. It looks like you want loud and if that's true, the choice is pretty clear.

Completely different things, you'll need to decide what you want first. Power wise, it's not even remotely close and PRVs are rated at 250w RMS each. The ID XS comps are 125w per pair and that's with tweet and passive x-over. So the PRVs will take about 4x the power of each of those XS mids. It looks like you want loud and if that's true, the choice is pretty clear.
This has been the reason why I haven't bought anything yet. I think I need to go to some shows and hear and see some of this stuff in person. Is parts express good at returns?

Haha.. Is of really that bad? Never heard any of there stuff.
I've never ran their ****. But back when I was really into car audio(about two years ago) there were multiple complaints on him scamming, copying sundown, sending out bad product ect, so I'll never run anything skar unless I bought it used through someone else.just my biased opinion.

There was a 140+ page thread called DO NOT BUY SKAR AUDIO!!!
I dont know where the fk that thead went but that was one the highlights of the site back then.

Here's a tiny baby one

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/557514-whats-wrong-skar-audio.html

He's recently trying to clean up his name. I guess he sees more profit when people arent against him.
I've never ran their ****. But back when I was really into car audio(about two years ago) there were multiple complaints on him scamming, copying sundown, sending out bad product ect, so I'll never run anything skar unless I bought it used through someone else.just my biased opinion.
Wow. I didn't know there was all that going on. I bought three sets of RCAs a couple months back and was impressed by them.

Those PRV audio's look pretty sick. Any suggestions on mids? For sq/SpL. Or options on those?

Thx

Wow. I didn't know there was all that going on. I bought three sets of RCAs a couple months back and was impressed by them.
Those PRV audio's look pretty sick. Any suggestions on mids? For sq/SpL. Or options on those?

Thx

I think you should go to a show and listen to some stuff. You have to see if you're lacking SQ. As far as louder - I'm sure it can be louder. If you want more power handling from an SQ driver, the price can go up pretty fast. I think with proper door treatment and processing, you should be happy with pro mids.

He didn't copy sundown. Jacob designed his first subs. He let him in the door.

I think you should go to a show and listen to some stuff. You have to see if you're lacking SQ. As far as louder - I'm sure it can be louder. If you want more power handling from an SQ driver, the price can go up pretty fast. I think with proper door treatment and processing, you should be happy with pro mids.
There's a MECA event coming up on 16th that's near me. It's a SPL event. I'm gonna go to that one. Haven't been to one in a really long time. Hope its a good turn out. I don't know anyone else that's in to this so it will be interesting to see how mine stacks up.

There's a MECA event coming up on 16th that's near me. It's a SPL event. I'm gonna go to that one. Haven't been to one in a really long time. Hope its a good turn out. I don't know anyone else that's in to this so it will be interesting to see how mine stacks up.
Meca had some good shows in VA. I miss that crowd

Yeah, I'd wait until you attend it. For all you know, you may just like the stuff that makes your ears bleed and you'll want to put in 3 sets of supertweets.

Yeah, I'd wait until you attend it. For all you know, you may just like the stuff that makes your ears bleed and you'll want to put in 3 sets of supertweets.
Haha.. I don't think that will happen. I just need a reference. I don't have anything to really compare it too. I know what I have now is loud and sounds good but I want to know what I'm missing and see were I can improve.

OK.. So heres what I did. I had some Amazon points burning a hole in pocket. So I bought some Lanzar opti6pm..

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43747_Lanzar-OPTI6PM.html

And if i dont like them i will return them.

I also worked out my budget for my paycheck coming up and I'm gonna get those PRV neos. They look like beasts. Thanks for the recommendation cuz I remember looking at those a while back and never had the nerve. I will get the Lanzars tomorrow and hopefully put them in Wednesday. ( to be honest, if I get them while I'm at work I will prob sneak off and do them there. Ha.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.