Skar audio amp setting recommendations

I recently bought a rp1500 mono amp and 12"evl sub. I was lookin for recommendations for amp settings on gain, subsonic, and lpf for optimal sound without exceeding my 1250 rms max on the sub.
I'm not sure why you are thinking the gain, subsonic and Lpf will achieve "optimal sound", I'd advise an custom enclosure 1st then worry about all those settings.

Let me add this... I built the Skar recommended enclosure once upon a time and quickly found out it could be improved upon. Depending on your goals, a custom enclosure will let you achieve "optimum sound" a lot better than filters and gain... amp gain is for matching input signal strength so your HU signal does not send the amp into clipping and  SSF and LP filter settings are for attenuating unwanted frequencies and those are mostly subjective anyways. 

My .02

I purchased the enclosure and sub directly from Skar through ebay and okay my wording wasnt so specific that you interpreted generally. I'm fairly novice obviously. Thanks for your time though. No farther questions 

Screenshot_20190106-191127_eBay.jpg

weird, i know i posted on this thread but i dont see it and ive scrolled up and down like 5 times LoL

hell, i even edited my post... oh well, shredder2 is here, youre in good hands

the sub sonic filter should be set to just about where your box is tuned to. Anything below can cause damage to your woofer, but if its sealed, set it to its lowest setting. Gain setting in the video above and the lpf should be a tad higher than 80 imo. Depends on what you listen to i guess. If youre a strictly rap guy, 80 should be fine, but anything other than that will have bass up to around 100, 110 or even 120 just be sure to not let your mids be doing the same frequencies or itll sound like poo

"When used with a ported enclosure, we always recommended turning the Infrasonic Filter on your amplifier on. In some cases, the filter has a fixed center frequency between 25-30 Hz. When this is the case, you would simply turn the filter on. In other cases, the Infrasonic Filter Frequency may be variable. If this is the case, we suggest setting the frequency to 5 Hz below the tuning frequency of the ported enclosure."

"CD or file with a sine-wave test tone recorded at 0dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified (for example: 50 Hz for subwoofer channels, 1 kHz for a midrange application)"

My sub is getting really loud and I can't tell when the distortion starts, I'm running the amp off of a lc2i and I set it up just before clipping but I can't seem to get the sub where I want it without being scared I might blow it. Any suggestions?
Do it by ear. Turn sub amp gain down, play your best bass song at 75% or the loudest volume you generally listen at. Now turn gain up until you are comfortable with the sub's performance.

Do it by ear. Turn sub amp gain down, play your best bass song at 75% or the loudest volume you generally listen at. Now turn gain up until you are comfortable with the sub's performance.
Edit: All bass boost should be turned off on the radio settings, radio EQ bass setting at maximum, amp's or LCQ's Remote Gain Knob set halfway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...