Skar amp hookup

Participant count
  • Participant list

GB1978

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've got a 2022 Volkswagen GTI with a stock head unit. I'm installing a Skar amp and subs using a LOC. I hooked up everything last night and forgot about the REM wire. I ran it on the outside of the car just to the LOC just to make sure it worked. It did, so I fished it through its permanent home and hooked it back up. I had power to the amp again until I plugged the harness into the head unit. I lose power every time I plug the head unit back in. Anyone have an idea what would cause this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

This may be an option for you as well. Im sure Amazon has them on theyre site also to be purchased. Great amps...
I had two Skar amps (4ch & a monoblock) go bad within a year. Post #2 is an excellent recommendation.
Recoil 2500.1 $179 2500 x 1 @ 1 ohm. Make sure subs are the dual 4 ohm version. If you don't want that much power, get the Recoil red1200.1 for 1...
Ill try it when I get the amp back, especially if the forbidden protect light goes on. I don't think it's grounding out anywhere because I still...
Disconnect all 5 speakers and the rca cables from the amplifier. Turn it on and see if it still goes into protect. If it does, bad amplifier. If...

About this thread

GB1978

CarAudio.com Newbie
GB1978
Green Bay, Wi
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from