Sirius XM

Participant count
  • Participant list

pjmz28

I purchased a tuner SXV300V1 for my after market satellite radio ready radio. The tuner came with an antenna. I have a 2012 Highlander without the JBL premium system but it looks like it already has a satellite antenna installed on the roof in the back. How can I find out which wire is for that antenna? And how can I install it to my tuner?

i dont think you fully understand how this works. That tuner is designed to work with aftermarket radios that are sat radio ready not factory radios. You would need to purchase a vehicle specific interface and install that into your car if your vehicle does not already have sat radio. These tuners typically are not too expensive and installation is generally plug and play.

I just had to buy the attachment for my pioneer 2700 that provided the interface. I then found the antenna for the original xm tuner. It kinda looks like an aux cord but smaller. Mine was wrapped in a plastic protective sheath. I popped that plastic off and plugged it straight into the attachment. No need for any installation of the new antenna. And just an FYI mine was located behind the glove box. It may have even been labeled

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.