Single Din Units W/ Screen + Bluetooth/Navi/Sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The problem is that I'd like to keep it in great shape and I've also never modified one for a bigger head unit. I wouldn't even really no where to start to make it look nice.

The problem is that I'd like to keep it in great shape and I've also never modified one for a bigger head unit. I wouldn't even really no where to start to make it look nice.
this is why i recommended going to a junk yard and getting a different panel. Also, most install bezels have templates you could use as a guide. Use several layers of painters tape on the area you want to not scuff, mark the diameter of the hole that needs to be cut and cut it with a recipriocating handsaw with a pretty fine blade. Too fine and itll get too hot and cause melting, too wide and itll rip the **** out of the plastic. The guy at the hardware store should be able to recommend something, but always take minimum pay employee advice with a grain of salt. Cut the hole about 1/16" smaller than it needs to be and then make some razor marks in the line you marked the template on the tape with, peel the tape back and sand it the rest of the way. Might want to wear a breathing mask for this last part, ill also not tell you not to wear one while cutting. Dont use a dremel, itll just melt the plastic if you go too slow and its hard to keep a good line when moving fast enough to avoid the melting issue 

Also, the other problem is I wanted to have something to use a backup camera with.
damn near all double dins have a backup camera input

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.