Single Cab Truck

So an update on the single cab chevy. I took the supplies to my local stereo shop and had it installed today. All I can say is wow... I really wish I hadn't wasted so much time without a setup like this. The system produces more than I could ever want (side mirror shaking). 

So my question for the pro's. 

I want to treat my new JLs with love make them last a while. Is there a break in period, or something I should know about the fresh out of the box stage?

They are getting approx 265 per sub (alpine Amp factory tested around 530 watts) 

I love them. And I couldn't imagine my life without them lol. Thank you to all who have commented and helped me on my first journey into car audio. Your expertise is appreciated. 

Justin 

Last edited by a moderator:
So an update on the single cab chevy. I took the supplies to my local stereo shop and had it installed today. All I can say is wow... I really wish I hadn't wasted so much time without a setup like this. The system produces more than I could ever want (side mirror shaking). 

So my question for the pro's. 

I want to treat my new JLs with love make them last a while. Is there a break in period, or something I should know about the fresh out of the box stage?

They are getting approx 265 per sub (alpine Amp factory tested around 530 watts) 

I love them. And I couldn't imagine my life without them lol. Thank you to all who have commented and helped me on my first journey into car audio. Your expertise is appreciated. 

Justin 
there isnt a specific break in period, but it is a very common practice to not beat the ever living snot out of subs for a while to allow them time to adjust from being fabricated to actual usage. That "a while" is usually just a few hours of actual play time but one should get them moving a bit, just be sensible about it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.