single cab s-10 blow through help

RickyRoss91

PA
hey all,

ok, ive got some decent equipment to push a decent amount of power. I've got a single cab s-10, right now with an fi audio x10 in a pretty nice custom ported box that gets decently loud. Its powered by a soundstream reference 1000. I want to be done with getting louder. 1 10 can only get so loud especially with the limited space.

so, im thinking about doing a blowthrough. I want to cut the least amount of metal off the back of the cab IF possible.... I hear people saying by not putting 15's or bigger in, that it would be a waste.

My thoughts were to do 2 -12's maybe re's, or sundowns sa's im picking 12's because I don't want the bass to be real sloppy, but still get loud and powerful..

I don't just to get really loud, but I want power loud low's....

is there anyways possible to do a simple L ported box and just cut out the metal where the port would be?

Im a college student right now and don't really have much cash to throw around while hacking my truck up.

Im only thinking to go through with this if I can maybe have a design with the least amount of metal cut.

Please help me out and tell me how this could be done or if its a bad idea.

Thanks

Im doing a new build on my Sonoma with a sleeper camper shell. You remove the back window so no cutting the truck. And with a sleeper camper shell you don't take up much bed space

Just as an FYI, there is zero truth the the belief that 15s are "sloppy".

You can make any quality fifteen sound as musical as any ten... it has to do with how you build the box.

And, you can make any ten sound sloppy. Again... box design and construction are the key, not piston diameter.

id like to do 12's is it possible to build a simple L port box and make it work?
Yep, you can make that work easily with a blow through. As he said the idea that 15's and 18's are sloppy or that an 18 goes lower than a 12 is 100% myth and absolutely not true. In the proper box and 8 goes just as low as an 18. Regardless of size, with the right box and a good amp it will do what you want.

If your going to do it,do it right.how are you going to weather proof whatever you decide?

when I had my Nissan king cab,I cut the back of the cab,and front of the bed,and little 4-15s in a "v"...still had half the bed left over.

I had a cover on my bed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.