Single AB XFL 15 box design help

Participant count
  • Participant list

llJohnnyll

Hey everyone, i am going to build a new box tomorrow for my single xfl 15. I have a few questions on the box design. My goals for this box are to get really loud (wake the dead loud haha) while still sounding good musically. It will be running off a ppi bk1300, so not exactly a lot for the xfl. I have an eclipse so i want the box to be placed where the back seats would be. That will give me the most space. I just really want to wake this sub up with an efficient box.

So My questions would be:

-How many cubes of air space does it need(I've been told around 5)

-Sub and port orientation

-What type of port i should use

-how big the port should be

Thanks to anybody who can help!

What sort of dimensions are you working with? How much room you have will be your biggest limitation to efficiency. Having a lower Qts and wanting to be very efficient, I'd suggest a parallel tuned 6th order. Really comes down to how much room you have though.

Hey everyone, i am going to build a new box tomorrow for my single xfl 15. I have a few questions on the box design. My goals for this box are to get really loud (wake the dead loud haha) while still sounding good musically. It will be running off a ppi bk1300, so not exactly a lot for the xfl. I have an eclipse so i want the box to be placed where the back seats would be. That will give me the most space. I just really want to wake this sub up with an efficient box.So My questions would be:

-How many cubes of air space does it need(I've been told around 5)

-Sub and port orientation

-What type of port i should use

-how big the port should be

Thanks to anybody who can help!
I think I was the guy that told you 5 cf. Thats what I heard, but after I posted that someone said 3.5 then someone says 4.5. Lol

What sort of dimensions are you working with? How much room you have will be your biggest limitation to efficiency. Having a lower Qts and wanting to be very efficient, I'd suggest a parallel tuned 6th order. Really comes down to how much room you have though.
Around height 22, width 40, and depth 20

With your dimensions I came up with 3.15 cubes @ 28 Hz and 3.37 cubes @ 56 Hz. This sort of enclosure will be very efficient and still cover a nice daily bandwidth.

2llyhpz.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.