Single 8" ported in Silvy EX Cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

fox_forma
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My truck was broken into and they took most of my crap so this time around I want to keep things simple and cheaper. On one of my forums a bunch of people are talking about what an 8" l5 can do inside a ported box for out ex cab silverados. I was thinking of going with an L7 and using the same concept but wanted to see how the port actually is set-up in the box. It's a pretty basic design and should be no issues building but I just don't know whats going on inside the box. The sub is facing towards the back of the cab with the port facing out the passenger side. Attached are a few pics. Any ideas how the inside would be set up with dividers or anything?

subbox1.jpg

subbox2.jpg

Take the sub out and see what the inner walls of the actual port look like, very neat concept BUT if it's just a straight shot port coming out the side of the box with no dividers then i would "think" it would be VERY ineffecient....it does look pretty snazzy though. no ones going to see it under the seat anyway so i'd fire that bastard into the floor or towards the rear of the cabin!! (if you're firing it at the floor then be sure and leave about 2"-3" legs or walls coming from the face to keep the sub from laying flat on the floor. best of luck and check that port.....if it's just a straight one then hell....go with round flared ports.

the thing is its not my design or my box. The sub is firing towards the back of the cab. Its supposedly built to kicker's specs but I just don;t know how the dividers would go inside the box. From I have been hearing from people who have this box made from a guy on another forum is this thing slams for 1 8" sub and is clean. I just want to find out how the dividers are set up. Tried contacting the builder but haven't heard back from him.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.