I just bought one of these:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4079.html

okay I have a Crunch amp P2250. Here are the stats

http://www.cardomain.com/sku/CRUP2250

2 channel:

4 ohm load- 250Wx2

2 ohm load- 500Wx2

Mono bridged into 4 ohm- 1000Wx1

now the sub has 8 wire hook ups and I don't even know how to go about hooking it up. I saw the wiring diagrams in the sticky but I am still worried about the weird ohms of this sub. Could someone tells me if O will be okay and draw even a microsoft paint diagram out for me. thank you

that is not a good match of sub and amp. your sub can be used at 3 ohms & 12 ohms. your amp can't handle 3 ohms, so you'll have to wire your sub in series (at 12 ohms) and your amp will be running at 1/3 of its full power.

you can take a chance and connect it in parralelle (at 3 ohms), but you would be risking blowing fuses on your amp or frying it. you should have gotten a mono amp (wich can be run at 2 ohms). anyways, you have 8 terminals, but it's actually just 4. audiobahn have been making there dvc subs with 2 terminals for each terminal to let you connect extra wires to the same terminal. you have 2 + & 2 - on each side.

if you want series, connect 1 of the + on side 1 to the amp's +,then connect 1 of the - on side one to 1 of the + on side 2, then connect 1 of the - of side 2 to the amp's -. that will give you a 12 ohm load.

if you want parrelelle, connect 1 of the + on side 1 to the amp's +, then connect the other + of side 1 to 1 of the + on side 2, then connect 1 of the - on side 1 to the amp's -, then connect the other - of side 1 to 1 of the - on side 2. That will give you a 3 ohm load.

hey buddy, I can make this a little simpler for you than the other guy. Audiobahn has two negatives and two positives on both sides of the sub, take it as the sub only has 1 one positive and 1 negative on each side, they are just split. connect 1 postive and 1 negative of one side to one channel on the amp and then connect the negative and postive of the other side to the remaining channel, this will put you in 3ohm stereo and you will see 85% of you amps power rather than the 1/3 the other guy told, although he is correct, you don't half to always bridge an amp, that amp will make much more power at 3 ohm stereo than 12 ohm mono. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.