Single 12 inch sub with mono block

Triggerhappygpc
10+ year member

hi im new to the forums. i currently have 2 12" kicker comps running on a zx500.1 mono kicker amp. The subs take up the whole back of my crv. Im planning on selling the comps and down grading. But i still want it to be kind of bassy and loud. Ive already made a 1.9 cubic feet box out of mdf. i havent even drilled a hole for the sub to go in. i want to put a single 12 inch sub that i can use my 500 watt mono amp on. ive been llooking at the infinity reference and the alpine type r. Could any one tell me some good subs for a 500 mono amp for around 150 bucks. also would i get a 4 ohm or 2 ohm subwoofer and would i wire it in parralel or series. any help would be appriciated =)

You'll want a DVC 4ohm subwoofer since your amp puts out 500 at 2 ohms. You'll need to wire it in parallel. Also, you've got a lot of choices in the 500w range for $150 or less. Also, is the box you built sealed or ported? I'm assuming sealed since you didn't state otherwise

My box is sealed. I would show yall a picture of it. ands thanks for the info
The Infinity Ref you mentioned would do well in that box. Also look at Partsexpress.com and look at the Dayton HO's. They do well sealed too. There's plenty of options at that 150 price range. At 1.9 cubes I'd almost put an aeroport in your box and make it a bit louder... Just a thought.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.